Lomsebenzi has expired (SORRRRY). Either closing date yawo idlulile okanye if ubungena closing date ixesha lawo lidlulile nalo. Ngoba thina imisebenzi engena closing date siyigcina intsuku ezisixhenxe.
Senior Financial Officer
University of Zululand - Richards Bay, KwaZulu-Natal
Full-Time | Finance
Closing date yi 5th ka July 2020
- The purpose of this position is to take responsibility for the functioning of the Financial Aid department as a whole.
- Its primary purpose is to ensure that the funds receivable from sponsors for student fees and associated allowances are duly received by the University.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance.
- Five (5) years’ experience in a Finance environment.
- Proven managerial or supervisory ability.
- Experience in Higher Education environment would be an added advantage.
Skills & Competencies
- Financial principles and best practices
- Higher Education policies and legislation, particularly those relating to Finance
- Understanding of audit processes
- Knowledge of an ERP system (ITS system - Bursaries and Loans module, not for
- recruitment purposes)
- Financial Aid best practices
- Report writing
- People Management
- Planning and organisational skills
- Administrative ability
- Computer skills - Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Communication verbal and written
Behavior / Attributes:
- Managing Complexity
- Business Acumen and Professional Integrity
- Operational Control
- Task Structuring
- Customer Service Orientation
- Focus and Follow Through
- Energy and Drive.
- Finance and Financial Services Participation and Support.
- Stakeholder Liaison and Relationship Management.
- Management of NSFAS funding processes.
- Management of Bursary Funding Processes.
- Budget Maintenance.
- Staff Management.
- Section Management.
- The University reserves the right not to make an appointment in the position or level as advertised.
- Please note in terms of the Universities recruitment policy preference will be given to South African citizens.
- UNIZULU is committed to employment equity and equal opportunity.
- Communication will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates.