Lomsebenzi has expired (SORRRRY). Either closing date yawo idlulile okanye if ubungena closing date ixesha lawo lidlulile nalo. Ngoba thina imisebenzi engena closing date siyigcina intsuku ezisixhenxe.
- The purpose of this position is to contribute to the delivery of high quality teaching, learning and research and to provide necessary support for all laboratory activities and assist with the general administration of all departmental activities in a manner that goes beyond that expected of a Senior Laboratory Assistant.
- Honours Degree in Consumer Sciences/ Food Nutrition/ Hospitality/ or equivalent qualifications
- Six (6) months experience working as a Laboratory Assistant/ Student Assistant in a food preparation laboratory.
- Drivers License
- First Aid training
Skills & Competencies
- Practical Classes
- Procurement of services required for practical
- Contribution to Community
- Prepare and set up undergraduate student laboratories
- Supervise laboratory demonstrations and classes
- Market undergraduate student laboratory reports and provide feedback
- With the guidance of the Lecturer, budget for maintenance of research laboratory equipment and consumables
- Check for proper maintenance of laboratory equipment and laboratory space
- Monitor and sustain laboratory safety
- Assist in the preparation of student laboratory manuals
- Coordinate student laboratory marks
- Provide postgraduate students and researchers laboratory support
- Support scheduled neighboring communities (especially high school teachers and students) in undergraduate laboratory
- Participate in the university’s demonstrations and open day
- Knowledge of Scientific research methods
- Knowledge of ethics and procedures in laboratory
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act Skills
- Laboratory maintenance
- Laboratory administration skills.
- Laboratory equipment operation skills.
- Involvement in Community outreach.
- Effective communication/engagement with lecturing/research staff.
- Computer literate in MS Word and Excel
- Conflict management skills
- Customer and service focus.
- To apply please log on to PNET (www.pnet.co.za) and submit your application.
- Communication will only be entered into with short-listed candidates.
- No hand delivered or posted applications will be accepted.
- “While UNIZULU strives for equal opportunities, preference will be given to suitable candidates in terms of the University’s equity policy”
- The University reserves the right NOT to make an appointment.
Lomsebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 15 ka May 2020