Driver, Port Mobile Equipment
Transnet - Richards Bay, KwaZulu-Natal
Contract | Driver
Closing date yi 16 ka May 2022
- To load, transport and unload all cargo within MPT Richards Bay through the operation of the correct plant and Equipment in compliance with the applicable standard operating procedure in order to optimise the movement of cargo and reduce damages thereby increasing terminal profits.
- Code 14 (EC Licence)
- Certificate of competence for each machine operated
- 1-year relevant experience
Skills & Competencies
- Safety Standards
- Basic technical
- Apply procedures
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to read and write
- Perform daily task on allocated machine prior to commencement of work in order to ensure operational integrity of equipment.
- Complete daily task sheets, record equipment defects and advise supervisor of defects.
- Replenish fuel and fluid levels of equipment.
- Operate allocated equipment in accordance with applicable standard operating procedure and monitor equipment performance during performance of the job.
- Operate Articulated vehicles, tractor/trailer, forklifts trucks, payloader and tip trucks.
- Report accidents or incidents which occur during performance of duty.
- Ensure correct equipment / attachments are utilised during the performance of duties and change equipment as required to handle changing commodities.
- Perform end of shift task.
- Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet.
- Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application before the closing date of the advertisement.
- Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to [email protected]
- We urge all our employees, clients, members of the public and our suppliers to report any kind of fraud or corruption at Transnet.
- Call the hotline toll free number: 0800 003 056 or email [email protected]
Download Full Vacancy
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 7 ka May 2022