Reaction Team Officer
South African Reserve Bank - Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
Full-Time | Security
Closing date yi 16 ka May 2022
- The main purpose of this position is to provide an effective first-line response capability in security emergencies within the Durban cash centre of the South African Reserve Bank (SARB).
- Grade 12 certificate/NQF Level 4 qualification;
- A Basic Tactical Security Training (BTST) certificate;
- A skills programme in tactical security and emergency response certificate of competence;
- Two to five years’ experience in a tactical security environment;
- Knowledge of physical security, static and mobile protection, emergency reaction/response, basic ambulance assistance, electronic security systems, firearm handling and crime scene management;
- A level of medical, physical and psychological fitness that is commensurate with the inherent requirements of the position;
- A Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSIRA) Grade C certificate;
- A competence certificate in handling firearms (9 mm pistol, semi-automatic rifle and shotgun);
- A favourable security clearance; and
- A valid Code 8 driver’s licence.
Skills & Competencies
- Completion of a skills programme in tactical security and emergency response (added advantage);
- Analysing and problem-solving;
- Planning and organising;
- Judgement and decision-making;
- Observation and surveillance;
- Verbal and written communication;
- Negotiation skills;
- Time management;
- Coping under pressure;
- Conflict handling;
- Professionalism, discipline and resilience to work long hours; and
- Availability to work shifts (including weekends) and perform duties as required by operational circumstances.
- Rapidly respond to and contain physical security threats.
- Provide tactical security support to executive protection mobile and static operations, as and when required.
- Provide support in response to security emergencies, including providing support during disasters.
- Perform duties of a security official in the absence of emergencies.
- Provide initial medical assistance in the event of a medical emergency.
- Provide management information for the purposes of decision-making.
- Proactively broaden knowledge of own functional area, displaying a willingness to make improvements in the unit (including methods and practices).
- All interested parties are invited to apply online
- Please include a copy of your transcript and your identity document with your application.
- Shortlisted applicants will be subjected to a psychometric assessment, an appropriate reference check and security clearance as part of the selection process.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
- If you have not heard from us, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- In line with the SARB’s commitment to diversifying its workforce, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
- People with disabilities are welcome to apply.
- The SARB offers remuneration and benefits commensurate with the level of the position and in line with the market.
- The level at which the successful applicant will be appointed will depend on his/her experience and competence.
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 30 ka April 2022