Servest Careers - Tongaat, KwaZulu-Natal
SERVEST SECURITY, A DIVISION OF SERVEST HAS A VACANCY FOR AN CONTRACTS MANAGER REPORTING TO THE BRANCH MANAGER. MUST BE PSIRA GRADE A QUALIFIED WITH A MINIMUM OF 3 YEARS SECURITY INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IN A MANAGERIAL / SUPERVISORY ROLE.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and implementing site security policies, protocols and procedures.
- Managing staff scheduling to include monitoring of time and attendance, leave schedules, overtime etc.
- Maintaining discipline of staff on site.
- Training and supervising security officers on site in relation to site security requirements
- Demonstrate excellent surveillance, emergency response and investigative skills.
- Strong commitment to security rules and knowledge of all hazards and threats to safety.
- Must be able to do site risk assessments where and when required
- Exhibit strong leadership skills in the day to day running of the security activities on site
- Create and preserve an environment where employees, visitors and property are safe and well-protected.
- Record keeping of all incidents/administration for all activities on site
- Building and Maintaining relationships with the client
- Ensure compliance with Site Procedure Manual and facilitate optimal service delivery
- Grade 12
- PSIRA Grade A qualified
- Clear criminal record
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Minimum 3 years’ security industry experience in a managerial/Supervisory role
- Staff management experience a must
- Must have experience in disciplinary processes and procedures
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills as report writing is a pre-requisite
- Strong Administration, interpersonal communication and client liaison skills are required as the incumbent will be dealing directly with the client based at the site
- Strong planning, leadership, organisational skills
- Intermediate computer literacy is required
- Firearm competency recommended
- Conduct site inspections of allocated site and report on activities, results and recommendations
- Must be able to conduct Risk Assessments; site patrols and investigations
- Security Tertiary qualification advantageous