Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority - Greyville, Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
Full-Time | Investigations
Closing date yi 19 ka January 2022
- The Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSiRA) with its head office in Eco Park - Centurion is the statutory body regulating the private security industry in South Africa. PSiRA is looking for dynamic experienced and suitably qualified professionals to take up these challenging positions.
- It is the intention of the Authority to promote representative through the filling of these positions.
- Requirements: National Diploma /Degree in Criminal Justice and Forensic investigation or Policing, National Diploma /Degree in Security and Risk Management
- 4 years or more experience in criminal investigation environment of which 2 years should be the experience as an Enforcement Officer and / or an Investigation Officer
- Detective course or detective learning programme will be an added advantage and is preferred
- Valid driver's license with 2 years' experience in driving. Ideal candidates are expected to have their own reliable vehicle.
- Recognition of Prior Leaning (RPL) and applicable knowledge and experience on the Job may be considered during the selection process.
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to interpret pieces of legislations that manages the security sector
- Very high administrative skills including planning and monitoring
- Computer literate (Microsoft packages)
- Problem solving and analysis skills
- Knowledge of Criminal Procedure Act, Law Evidence Amendment Act, Firearms Control Act, Commercial and Administrative Law
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal contact and sound judgement skills
- Report writing skills
- Ability to collect evidence, present evidence, testify during court and tribunal proceedings
- Ability to observe confidentiality in terms of all aspects of the job.
- Conducting investigations and inspections of complaints and illegal practices with regards to improper conduct of security service providers
- Conduct routine inspections at security service providers to ensure compliance in terms of the Act and inspections at security service providers to ensure compliance in terms of the Act and in particular the Code of Conduct Regulations; these service providers include all categories or classes of security services such as Guarding, CIT, Locksmiths, Private Investigators, Electronic Security Industry etc.
- Conduct infrastructure and capacity inspections and new applicant security businesses in order to ensure that they meet the prescribed infrastructure and capacity requirements in order to render the security services
- Issue directives to the Private Security Industry in respect of any obligation in terms of PSiRA Act and Regulations
- Conduct assessments of training facilities in order to verify whether they meet the accreditation requirements
- Investigate and obtain evidence pertaining to non-compliance conduct by security service providers in respect to the code of conduct for security service providers. Investigations including auditing of records kept by the security service provider in terms of applicable legislation, fraudulent activities and conduct of the security service providers
- Identify any possible contraventions of the Code of Conduct Regulations and compilation of statements and charge sheets relating to the allegations of improper conduct
- Liaise with Authority and State Prosecutors with regards to the charges and evidence
- Serving of Regulation 3(4) notices (charge sheet and summons)
- Keep informed of progress on cases initiated which are handed over to law enforcement agencies, until concluded.
- Perform Commissioner of Oaths / Peace Officer functions
- Follow due process in taking affidavits of witnesses as well as aspects dealing with the collection of evidence to prove a case
- Testify in improper Conduct enquiries
- Liaise with finance department in respect of outstanding annual fees, fines, and the payment over to the Authority regarding these outstanding annual fees/fines.
- Submission of statistical reports on Compliance activities.
- R399 242 basic salary P/A plus benefits
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 14 ka January 2022