Trainee Manager - Foods
Pick n Pay - Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
Full-Time | Retail
Closing date yi 21 ka January 2022
- Are you looking for a career in Retail?
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the largest supermarket chain store in South Africa and gain insight and understanding of store operations by working in various departments.
- This is a career path to become a store manager.
- Sound Numeracy skills and knowledge of retail industry
- 2- 3 years retail experience an added advantage
- Must be able to pass the Trainee Numeracy Screening test at the required level
- Must be successful in at least 2 competency-based interviews
- Must be flexible and willing to be transferred between stores
- Must be willing to give authorization for a full credit and criminal check
- Must be Matriculated (attach certified copy to application)
- Must have a valid South African ID (attach copy to application)
- Must have a valid Driver’s license code 08 (attach certified copy of license)
Skills & Competencies
- Monitor and develop other’s performance.
- Acknowledges good performance, confronts and corrects poor performance
- Solves new/unfamiliar problems by generating workable solutions
- Ability to identify/priorities urgent matters and attend to them immediately Ability to influence confidently, firmly and fairly.
- Attention to detail.
- Building relationships and promote teamwork
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Results orientated
- Ensure that hygiene, housekeeping and safe working standards are maintained (floor and back-up)
- Ensure that security procedures are adhered to
- Ensure that merchandise/display standards are adhered to
- Conduct regular quality checks, ensure that stock is rotated.
- Damaged/expired stock is removed
- Prevent wastage/shrinkage/damages
- Check correct pricing e.g. labels
- Ensure that all administration is completed accurately and timeously
- Analyse, maintain and update relevant information/documentation, take required action when necessary
- Plan and implement sales promotions
- Approach and advise customers on the product, listen to customers’ requests, provide the required product or services.
- Monitor budgets and take required action
- Analyse profitability of department, make recommendations or take required actions
- Optimise stock levels e.g. always in stock, never overstocked through effective ordering
- Manage employees to ensure standards are maintained by competent, motivated employees
- Competency based interview to assess above requirements
- Short-listed applicants may be subjected to relevant assessments
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 14 ka January 2022