Mediclinic Professional Nurse - Emergency Centre Newcastle
Closing date yi 31st ka March 2020
- Registered with the South African Nursing Council as a Professional Nurse.
- Prior experience in an emergency centre will be an advantage.
- Willingness to work shifts in accordance with the requirements of the unit.
- An additional qualification in Emergency Nursing Science will be an advantage.
Skills & Competencies
- Competent in the demonstration and assessment of all clinical procedures and management of risks.
- Basic knowledge of stock control principles.
- The ability to identify and report near-misses and adverse events.
- Knowledge of clinical procedures, the Scientific Nursing Process and BCA bundles.
- A good understanding and application of the nursing scope of practice and knowledge of patient care.
- Be able to function as an effective member of the nursing team by facilitating team effectiveness.
- Displays a concern for excellence by following work routines and standards while achieving results.
- The ability to display sound judgement in problem-solving.
- Maintains a customer-focused mindset that acknowledges the value of the customer.
- Exhibits full responsibility for own work outputs.
- Delivers comprehensive and quality patient care to meet the health needs of patients.
- Adheres to Patients' Rights at all times.
- Prevents, reports and manages medico-legal risks.
- Conducts comprehensive patient care audits.
- Patient records and registers meet legal requirements.
- Control of stock and equipment in accordance with Mediclinic policy.
- Identifies and addresses continuous professional development (CPD) needs.
- Provides learner support to learners and new employees.
- Ensures a therapeutic and safe patient environment by maintaining health and safety standards and complying with infection prevention and control policy.
- Quality client care principles maintained.
- If you do not have internet access, you can obtain an application form from the Career Centre or from your nearest Mediclinic hospital and fax it to the following number: 086 6811 436.
- Please note that the off-line closing date is applicable to all applications made through the Mediclinic Career Centre. Applications will only be accepted if completed in full on the official application form. Kindly ensure that you indicate the vacancy reference number of the advert that you are applying for.
- For any online support, please contact the Mediclinic Career Centre at +27 21 861 1000.
Lomsebenzi ufakwe ngu Makhwenkwe Gwegwe nge 23 ka March 2020