Life Entabeni Hospital Junior Clinical Engineer Berea, Durban
Closing date yi 3rd ka April 2020
- A vacancy exists for a Junior Clinical Engineer, based at Life Entabeni Hospital, reporting to Marc Yorinda, Engineering Manager.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance and co-ordination of all major facets associated with medical equipment technology within the hospital.
- B-Tech or National Diploma in clinical / biomedical engineering
- Alternatively, a National Diploma in Electrical Engineering (Light Current) with at least one year of experience in management and/or maintenance of medical equipment in a clinical environment.
- Member of the Clinical Engineering Association of South Africa (CEASA)
- Experience within, and understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Computer proficiency
- Driver’s license and ability to travel.
Skills & Competencies
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Influencing (negotiation)
- Drive & energy
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Leading by example
- Ethical behaviour.
Medical Equipment Asset Management and Maintenance
- Active involvement in maintaining an accurate computerised asset management system as per Clinical Engineering protocols.
- Active involvement in determining medical equipment replacement requirements for the hospital
- Perform first line repairs, modifications and installations on equipment, utilizing the necessary test equipment, in accordance with the standards and recommendations of original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and/or governing agencies
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections of equipment in line with Clinical Engineering and OEM protocols
- Control and management of maintenance conducted by suppliers and acceptance thereof
- Obtain and perform pre-acceptance inspections according to ECRI standards on new, demo and loan equipment
- Implement the equipment commissioning process for new equipment as per Clinical Engineering protocols
Acquisition of Medical Equipment
- Active involvement in the selection and acquisition of medical equipment technology that is fit for purpose and application, and up-to-date with current developments and best practices in the healthcare field
- Consult with Physicians, Nurses and peers in the field, to evaluate equipment and determine the correct specifications and standards of the required equipment as per Clinical Engineering protocols
- Be actively involved with the Capex system, understand and manage lease and rental agreements as applied to the hospital
- Active involvement with the ‘supply chain management’ of medical equipment for all growth/new projects as per Clinical Engineering protocols
- Perform formal operators training and monitor competency compliance by arranging training with vendors for hospital nursing staff and equipment end-users.
Maintain high professional standards
- Ensure professional growth and development through professional affiliations, conferences and available resources, to stay updated within the clinical engineering field
Support National strategic initiatives and contribute to growth
- Participate in Clinical Engineering forums and Projects as determined by Clinical Engineering
- Evaluate National projects implemented as per Clinical Engineering protocols.
- Friday, April 03, 2020