Admin Office Assistant
Human Sciences Research Council - Sweetwaters, Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal
Contract | Administration
Closing date yi 30th ka June 2022
- HSC is looking for a suitably qualified person is required to take on the duties of an Administrative Office Assistant for long term and short-term projects implemented at the Sweetwaters office.
- The successful candidate will take on assigned clerical and administrative tasks; facilitate logistics for project related office meetings and events to support a range of projects operational at Sweetwaters.
- From time to time, the successful candidate will be required to provide relief for reception and front desk duties.
- The admin office assistant will work closely with the office admin officer and report to the Centre Administrator, cross project components, project teams and site support staff to successfully implement their role.
- Undergraduate qualification in Public Administration, Business Administration or Human Resources
Skills & Competencies
- Good communication, time-managements and interpersonal skills
- Proven telephone/switchboard and general office equipment operating skills
- Excellent telephone etiquette and ability to interface with staff, stakeholders and visitors in a professional manner
- Drive, initiative, flexibility, ability to handle pressure and a commitment to excellent service to users;
- Certified computer literacy using MS Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook;
- Personal integrity, dedication and a proactive nature to go the extra mile;
- Initiative and ability to anticipate and respond to the needs of the office;
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Operationalising HSRC procurement policies and procedures
- Implementing of HSRC time billing and time-sheet management procedures
- Take on assigned administrative and cleric duties in support of projects and project staff
- Monitor consumables and office resource supplies
- In coordination with project managers and unit heads, develop and implement procurement plan to ensure that necessary supplies and consumables are available for project activities
- Initiate, follow-up and complete procurement requests following prescribed supply chain procedures
- Complete time-sheet management and time-recording for assigned programme and project personnel on a weekly basis
- Provide support and guidance to the unit admin assistant, undertaking relief-duties as required from time to time
- HR documentation during staff inductions
- Advance reconciliations and financial reporting
- Provide local travel booking and support working on the HSRC Electronic Workflow system
- In delivering 'social science that makes a difference' in South Africa and the region, the Research Programmes of the Human Sciences Research Council initiate and undertake policy-oriented research projects and programmes from its offices in Cape Town, Durban, Pietermaritzburg and Pretoria.
- Its public-purpose mandate is set out in the Human Sciences Research Council Act No.17 of 2008.
- The HSRC aims to attract and retain high-calibre skills and human resources necessary to effectively execute both its mandate to conduct research and to support the strategic intent of the organisation.
- The HSRC is committed to accelerating the improvement in the proportion of South African Citizens who are black, female, or disabled towards achieving Equity goals.
- The HSRC reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- Application from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- An unendorsed Code E or C driver's license
- Previous exposure to the project research environment
- Computer literacy certification
- Relevant receptionist and administration qualifications
- Good interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 22 ka June 2022