General Workers X14
DHL South Africa - Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal
Full-Time | General Work
Closing date ayichazwanga
- This is a busy, fast paced operation which offers many challenges and opportunities for the right person.
- These positions are based at Ndlovu Park, Pietermaritzburg.
- Tertiary qualification (Desirable)
- 1-2 years’ experience of working in Warehousing / Logistics environment
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members
- To co-ordinate movement of stock out of site in a manner to maximise profit
- Product knowledge
- Knowledge of client’s requirements and customer needs
- Person should have a good understanding of quality as a key value
- Awareness of importance of security
- Operational knowledge and understanding of service delivery
- React to customers in a courteous and professional manner and maintain the highest level of integrity
- To contribute to a productive working environment
- To work within any operating area and perform additional duties, as determined by Management and the needs of the Business
- De-stacking, labelling, sorting products and taking out damages
- Ensure that damages are kept to a minimum
- Sorting and collating damages on a daily basis
- Be actively involved in and support change initiatives
- Honesty - pride in your job and an eye for detail
- Ensure housekeeping in the area is up to standard
- Operate with integrity and ethical values
- Perform tasks according to the Standard Operating Procedures
- Correct use of equipment and to timeously report any defects / faults
- Participation in stock counts
- Parcelling, wrapping or tying of goods
- Operate a hand operated pallet jack
- Inspect stock integrity
- Report and record any non-conformity with regards to the customers merchandise or unsafe acts
- Handle goods with care to minimise damages
- Maintain a high level of hygiene in the work area
- Complete tasks timeously
- Adhere to the Unit's SHE rules and best practices
- Ensure that product safety, quality and integrity is not compromised
- Report any person's behaviour that may impact on the safety, quality and integrity of the stored product
- Manual handling
- Conduct all communication in a polite and professional manner, which promotes respect, goodwill and trust.
- Working in a safe environment
- Deutsche Post DHL Group is the world’s leading logistics and mail company.
- We’re one of the world’s largest employers, operating in over 220 countries and territories.
- We’re Europe’s largest postal service, partner for eCommerce and pioneers in secure digital communication.
- We’re number one in contract logistics and international express delivery, and a leader in the forwarding business.
- Join us and you’ll be working for a global company that’s focused on service, quality and sustainability, and using the power of global trade to connect people and improve lives.
- And not just for our customers, but for every member of our Group too.
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 11 ka May 2022