Lomsebenzi has expired (SORRRRY). Either closing date yawo idlulile okanye if ubungena closing date ixesha lawo lidlulile nalo. Ngoba thina imisebenzi engena closing date siyigcina intsuku ezisixhenxe.
SAO: Senior State Accountant
Department of Correctional Services - Kokstad, KwaZulu-Natal
Full-Time | Government
Closing date yi 25th ka September 2020
- Grade 12 and recognized three year Degree/Diploma in Accounting or Financial Management with 3-5 years’ experience.
- Sound communication skills.
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Must be computer literate.
- Dynamic and professional.
- Ability to plan and organize events properly.
- Knowledge of the Public Management Act, Treasury Regulations and BAS.
- Proven experience in a BAS environment.
- Proven experience in handling control accounts
Skills & Competencies
- Communication, financial management, Plan, organise, lead and control, Project and Programme management, Change Management, Client orientation and customer focus, Problem solving and analysis, Service Delivery innovation, decision making, people management and empowerment, integrity and honesty, Confidentiality, Good interpersonal relations, understanding of Public Service Policy and legislative framework, Assertiveness, Ability to network and Diplomacy.
- Execute the responsibility of official as stipulated in Section 45 of Public Finance Management Act, Plan and execute financial accounting functions/inspection.
- Undertake financial investigations.
- Keep financial accounting system on standard.
- Compile training programmes.
- Ensure effective control over the collection and allocation of all revenue.
- Ensure financial data integrity on BAS.
- Manage all ledger and special functions accounts.
- Open, keep and control debt accounts.
- Submit applicable documents ensuring zero balances on the ledger for the month.
- Handle Z59 claims.
- For applications to be accepted, applications must be submitted on form Z83 (Public Service Application form), obtainable from any Public Service Department, and must be completed in full.
- Applications must be accompanied by a CV and certified copies of qualifications and ID NOT older than 6 months.
- Where an advertisement states that a valid Driver’s Licence is required, then please submit a certified copy of your licence.
- Please send a separate and complete application for each post you apply for, stating the correct reference for each position you are interested in.
- Due to Covid-19 related reasons only emailed or posted applications will be accepted
- Candidates must comply with the minimum appointment requirements
- CV’s should be aligned to reflect one’s degree of compliance with the above-mentioned requirements and responsibilities.
- Applications must reach DCS before the closing date and time.
- It is the sole responsibility of an applicant to ensure that their application reaches DCS before the stipulated closing date and time.
- Applicants are requested not to send more than 1 application per post.
- NB: For more information on requirements and responsibilities of positions of this advert, please refer to: www.dcs.gov.za.
- Indicate the reference number, regional office, Management Area and position you are applying for on your application form (Z83) and post your complete application to the relevant addresses as indicated below.
- KwaZulu-Natal Region
- Mrs GJ Mchunu at 033 355 7386/ Ms B Shange at 033 355 7369/Ms AL Mkhize at 033 355 7370
- Physical Address: 1 Eugene Marais Road, Napierville, Pietermaritzburg
Download Full Vacancy:
- R 316 791.00 per annum
- PSA 2020/09/116