Clerk: Transport Administration
Western Cape Provincial Parliament - Cape Town, Western Cape
Closing date yi 23 ka February 2024
- This role is part of the logistics unit and reports to the Senior Officer
- A minimum of a Matric/Grade 12 qualification.
- A Minimum of 2 years hands proven experience with administrative processes in a similar and/or administration environment.
- 2 years of demonstrable experience in co-ordinating a help desk facility.
- 1-year hands-on experience with procurement processes.
Skills & Competencies
- Beginner to intermediate level MS Excel and MS Word skills.
- Added advantages in this role include the knowledge of Government Vehicle and Transport Regulations.
- Ensure that all trip authorities are fully completed by users.
- Ensure that all other relevant documentation regarding transport is completed.
- Monthly reconciliations of invoices, preparation of invoice summary document for sign-off, and closing of logbooks/Capture info on Nedfleet system.
- Implementation of changes to tariff structure.
- Attend user group meeting at GMT and provide feedback.
- Ensure that all traffic fines are administered and followed up.
- Assist with loss control/accidents related matters.
- Maintain a register for all driver and vehicle licenses.
- Liaise with Government Motor Transport regarding the exchange of vehicles.
- Provide assistance to drivers/staff after official hours.
- Liaise with VIP Protectors/drivers of the office of the Speaker/Deputy and provide advice.
- Facilitate maintenance and repair of vehicles.
- Provide reports on vehicle related matters.
- Check the validity of vehicle licenses and renew as required.
- Hiring of appropriate vehicles for executive members and staff.
- Monthly parking reconciliation.
- Issuing of monthly parking/yearly parking discs.
- Allocation of parking bays in terms of approved policy.
- Logistical support regarding parking arrangements for special events such as opening of parliament.
- Liaison with Dept of Community Safety /SAPS.
- Perform the functions of chief user clerk.
- Update of procurement files/register.
- Electronic recordkeeping of all expenditure.
- Maintenance of a procurement and invoice register between Logistical Services and SC&AM.
- Creation of specifications.
- Source the most economical quotes.
- Liaison with admin officer/clients/service providers regarding specification of goods and services.
- Follow up on order numbers and outstanding payment of goods and services with SCM.
- Ensure that all logistical support is provided for the sitting which include:
- Catering arrangements for each sitting for Members of Parliament.
- Catering attendance register is compiled and monies collected in terms of financial prescripts.
Facilitate bookings of venues:
- Administer and control of bookings of facilities.
- Ensure that necessary documentation is prepared and signed for Auditorium.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure an efficient service is rendered.
- Ensure that venues are clean before and after usage.
- Key controller to ensure venues is open and closed on time and proper record.
Co-ordination of Logistics help desk:
- Maintain and updated register on a weekly basis of all incidents and requests (excel spreadsheet).
- Keep line functionaries informed of developments regarding status of calls.
Co-ordination of Precinct and cleaning services:
- Report maintenance incidents and requests via the Building Facilities Manager.
- Liaise with the Facilities Manager to ensure work is completed within required timeframes as per SLA.
- Keep line Members and staff informed of the call statuses.
- Ensure that cleaning services is executed as per service level agreement with the Department of Infrastructure.
- Provide a weekly report to the Senior Officer: Logistics regarding state of facilities.
- Inspection of all facilities on a daily basis.
- Ensure that all venues are properly cleaned before and after usage.
- Assist with the movement of furniture as required.
- Provide assistance with driving on an ad hoc basis as directed by the Senior Officer: Logistics.
- While we have tried to ensure the accuracy of the information, Salary Magazine cannot accept any responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions.
- You should always check with the Job Center or employers directly to confirm the details are still accurate before applying.
- If you need further help with this job or any other, please feel free to ask.
- Best of luck with your job application!
When applying for this role, please ensure that you:
- Submit a recently updated CV
- Attach originally certified copies of all relevant qualifications
- Attach an originally certified ID copy