- The Department of Social Development, Western Cape Government has opportunities for seven (7) suitably qualified and competent individuals to render care and developmental life space work of a routine nature to resident(s) (children, youth, adult(s) or service user) in need of care / in conflict with the law.
- These posts are stationed as follows:
- Bonnytoun, Kraaifontein, Cape Town
- Clanwilliam, Cederberg
- Horison, Eerste River, Cape Town
- Outeniekwa, George
- ROAR, Kraaifontein, Cape Town
- De Novo, Kraaifontein, Cape Town
- Vredelus, Elsies River, Cape Town
- A Grade 12 qualification (Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification);
- Grade 1: No experience;
- Grade 2: Minimum of 10 years appropriate experience in Child and Youth Care Work after having obtained the required qualification.
- Recommendation: Relevant qualification that allows for registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP); Registration with the SACSSP as a registered Child and Youth Care Worker.
Skills & Competencies
- Developmental programmes;
- Clerical/ Administrative processes and procedures;
- Rules and procedures of the Care Centre;
- Planning and organising skills;
- Ability to intervene and resolve conflict;
- Problem solving skills;
- Planning and organising skills;
- Conduct him/herself in a respectful manner when dealing with clients;
- Communication (written and verbal) skills;
- Proven computer literacy;
- Have the ability to work with children in conflict with the law.
- Receive children and youth to the care facility after admission;
- Assessment / Plan of Action;
- Implementation of Developmental and Recreational Programs;
- Monitor and evaluation of developmental and recreational programs;
- Referral of professional services (e.g. appointment register, observation book, occurrence book);
- Enhance participation of the learners at the Facility in sport, recreation, arts and culture programmes and services;
- Continuous Professional Development;
- Perform administrative work and clerical functions as required.
- Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit copies of their documentation for verification purposes.
- These candidates will be required to attend interviews on a date and time as determined by the department.
- The selection process will be guided by the EE targets of the employing department.
- Kindly note that technical support is only available from Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 16.00.
- Should you experience any difficulties with your online application you may contact the helpline at 0861 370 202.
- Please ensure that you submit your application before the closing date as no late applications will be considered.
- Grade 1: R 143 073 – R 159 603 per annum;
- Grade 2: R 169 332 – R 190 575per annum, (OSD as prescribed)
Note on remuneration
- Cost-to-employer (CTE) remuneration packages for certain occupation-specific dispensations (OSD), the middle-management service (MMS) and contract positions are inclusive of all costs related to service benefits or obligations including basic salary, 13th cheque, medical assistance, housing assistance, pension-fund contributions, etc.
- MMS remuneration packages are flexible and may be individually structured as prescribed.
- Where remuneration is not indicated as CTE, employees' service benefits or obligations are funded or co-funded in terms of the applicable prescripts or collective agreements.
Mr EJ Buys at (021) 986 9101