- Makers Landing has identified a need for practical work experience to be offered to those with qualifications in the food industry.
- With this in mind, an internship programme is available offering real-life experience and mentorship within the industry.
- This opportunity will provide interns workplace experiential training as well as invaluable connections with industry leaders.
- Basic knowledge of kitchen equipment/ uses
- Ability to learn on the job
- Health and safety protocols
- Profound interest and passion for food
- Candidates must be South African citizens
- Interns who require workplace experiential training as part of qualification requirements.
- At least 3-6 months in a hospitality placement ie restaurant, hotel, B&B, conference centre etc.
- Candidates will need to submit a letter of motivation as to why they would like to be admitted to the Program.
Skills & Competencies
- Effective time management
- Ability to work in a team
- Good communication skills
- Professional appearance
- Dependability and Reliability
- Good attitude
- Attention to detail
- People skills
- Creative problem solver
- Front of house - greeting guests, directions, venue and event information, check-in
- Assist Floor manager - setup, oversee cleanliness, customer service, quality standards, customer queries
- Cooking classes and demo class - setup, food and equipment prep, assist in running classes
- Events -Assist in Food preparation based on specific menus, planning, setup, prep, service, breakdown
- Rotation through our tenants and assisting them with prep and service - this is the best way to ensure adequate kitchen time and exposure to varying styles of cuisine. Exposure to up to 15 different food businesses - their prep and operations
- Food prep and kitchen operations as well as basic use of industrial kitchen equipment
- Food incubator assistance with exposure to other food business operations
- Ability to uphold the hygiene standards of the kitchen
Duration: 6 - 9 Months