South African National Parks - Table Mountain, Cape Town, Western Cape
Closing date yi 20 ka February 2024
- The position will be assisting the AFD-TMNP Programme Manger to deliver the programme outcomes.
- While this is a fixed term contract, we are looking for a leader who is energetic, experienced and reliable working efficiently in grant administration and / or public administration processes to enable timeous delivery of the programme outcomes.
- The individual is expected to help make a significant contribution to the future of the Table Mountain National Park by proactively leading on administration processes and work with multidisciplinary and diverse leaders to deliver the programme outcomes.
- National Diploma / NQF Level 6 qualification in Financial Accounting, Financial Administration or Business Administration or Project Management. Preference to be given for completion of Postgraduate studies in the above disciplines or commensurate experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Operations, Programme or Finance administration with excellent financial management skills and competency. Preference to be given to experience in working with donor funding and audits (unqualified) thereof.
- National and International travel management (large groups of more than 5 travellers) experience.
- Valid Driver’s license and suitable driving experience
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent Computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power-point, MS Outlook are a prerequisite.
- Ability to work with relevant Financial Administration, Human Resources Policies, Procedures and Practices.
- Ability to work with a Public Finance Management Act, Supply Chain Management procurement process to deliver goods and services timeous in the Programme planning.
- Sound written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Applicant must have a sense of initiative, balance of patience and determination, be flexible and can meet deadlines and work independently without supervision and have attention to detail.
- Ability interest to speak/ learn French is advantageous.
- General public administration (state entities) including, but not limited to:
- contract (suppliers),
- integration for efficiency (with Finance and Procurement teams), and
- policies and procedures leadership.
- AFD (funder) and SANParks administration requirements, specifically reporting tracking.
- AFD-TMNP Funding Project Administration and record keeping (e.g., projects due date tracking, data capture, filing, etc.).
- Events planning, management, delivery, and record keeping, including:
- Local Travel,
- International Travel,
- Programme Meetings and Workshops,
- Field trips, and
- Hosting of AFD-TMNP guests.
- Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should forward their applications accompanied by the required documentation listed below using reference number in subject.
- While we have tried to ensure the accuracy of the information, Salary Magazine cannot accept any responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions.
- You should always check with the Job Center or employers directly to confirm the details are still accurate before applying.
- If you need further help with this job or any other, please feel free to ask.
- Best of luck with your job application!
- Supporting Documents such as certified copies of qualifications, ID & Driver’s License and other relevant documents
- The cost to company remuneration package is based on the salary scale of a position with a Paterson C2 job grade will be offered.
- The successful candidate will have to provide their own accommodation as there is no official accommodation in the park.
- Table Mountain National Park
- Eddy Mavanga