- The Programme aims to promote an understanding of organisational structure and culture, clarify roles and responsibilities, and promote interdependent collaborations in line with the mandate and strategic objectives of the employers.
- It further recognises that induction is a key factor in increasing retention of social workers in the sector.
- The Social Work Readiness Programme will commence in the following four provinces and interested social workers from each of these provinces are invited to apply in the pilot phase of this programme:
- North West
- A four-year Bachelors Degree in Social Work.
- Registered with SACSSP as a social worker.
- Currently unemployed as a social worker (graduated since 2015 and to date are still unemployed) or is newly qualified (completed studies in social work end of 2020).
- The purpose of the Social Work Readiness Programme is to enhance and facilitate the employability of unemployed social workers and newly qualified social workers through a custom designed capacity development programme that focuses on knowledge, skills and experience to support their readiness and transition to employment.
- You are invited, if you meet the criteria, to apply and participate in the Social Work Readiness Programme by submitting the following to the SACSSP at [email protected] before/on the closing date:
- Completed application form (Form E.2.8.1)- available on website
- Certified copy of qualification in social work
- Updated curriculum vitae (CV)
- Letter of motivation (why you should be considered)
- Any enquiries should be directed to Ms A Williams at the SACSSP at email [email protected] or at telephone 012-356 8300
Download Full Vacancy