- A 3-year National Diploma in Public Administration/Public Management/ Business Management/Office Management/Management Assistant/Secretarial Services or any 3-year administration related qualification
- 1-year relevant experience or completed Internship/Learnership in Office Administration and/or Secretarial
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is essential
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both written and oral) skills, demonstrating outstanding ability to correspond with colleagues, internal and external customers
- Reliable and hardworking
- Accuracy. Ethical conduct
- Report writing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Perform basic Secretarial and Administrative functions such as, managing the daily, weekly and monthly diary, arranging meetings, Typing, faxing, copying and filling of documents
- Handle basic financial administration, procurement and personnel administration matters in the George Regional Office including the processing of claims and payments
- Capturing Cases/Complaints in the Master list
- Disseminate files
- Prepare and disseminate memos
- Compilation of weekly/monthly/quarterly statistics
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Undertake Receptionist duties
- Handle the maintenance and acquisition of equipment
- Perform other duties as requested by the supervisor from time to time
- Please direct your application, stating the relevant reference number as follows: For the attention of Mr S Mogotsi by email.
- Please quote the reference number and position applying for on the email subject line.
- All appointments will be done in terms of the Public Protector Act and a 12-month probation period which may be extended to 18 months will be applicable.
- The successful candidate will be expected to sign the secrecy declaration form and a performance agreement within 2 months of accepting the position.
- All successful candidates will have to undergo security clearance and vetting.
- The Public Protector South Africa reserves the right not to fill the vacancies.
- Applications must be accompanied by a covering letter with a detailed CV, 3 contactable references, recently certified (within 6 months) copies of qualifications (matric certificates, certificates of qualifications), a valid Driver’s License (where required) and ID document.
- Applications not complying with the above will be disqualified.
- Correspondences will be limited to the short-listed candidates.
- Should you not be contacted within 2 months, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
- The Public Protector South Africa is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to the achievement and maintenance of representivity (race, gender and disability).
- Preference will be given to the candidates whose appointment or promotion meets the requirements for Employment Equity representivity in the Institution.
- People with disabilities and Males (All races) will be given preference.
- R176 310.00 plus benefits
- Mr S Mogotsi, tel. (021) 423 8644
- 21 January 2022, 16:30
Download Full Vacancy