- The Office of the Public Service Commission is an equal opportunity, representative employer. It is the intention to promote representivity (race, gender and disability) in the Public Service through the filling of positions.
- Candidates whose appointment/transfer/promotion will promote representativeness will therefore receive preference.
- Persons with disability are especially encouraged to apply.
- An indication of representativeness profile by applicants will expedite the processing of applications.
- An appropriate (NQF 5) Office Administration/Secretarial related qualification
- 1-2 years’ experience in Office Administration/Secretarial Services
- A relevant three year National Diploma/Degree (NQF Level 6/7) will be an added advantage
- A driver’s license will be an added advantage (With exception to people with disabilities)
Skills & Competencies
- Operational knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Effective administrative, organisational and communication skills at all levels
- Good administrative and coordination skills
- Understanding of office work processes
- Ability to work with medium to large filing size systems will be essential
- An assertive, trustworthy professional with integrity
- Good interpersonal relations
- Creative, motivated, self-driven, result orientated and have initiative
- Knowledge of the Constitutional Values and Principles (CVPs) in Section 195 and the effect of the CVPs on the daily duties of this post
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and as part of a team
- The successful candidate will be responsible for administrative and secretarial support to the Chief Directorate
- Researching and preparing information and supporting data for meetings and projects
- Administering office expenditure, including submissions of subsistence and travel claims
- Administering/ drafting and typing correspondence/documents including PowerPoint presentations
- Maintaining and managing the filing system for the Chief Director
- Organising meetings and taking minutes during meetings
- Coordinating the Chief Directorate programmes
- Organising office logistical matters including travel arrangements for the Chief Directorate
- Liaising with stakeholders regarding office operations
- Assisting managers with various administrative tasks
- Applications must be submitted on Form Z83 obtainable from any Public Service department and should be accompanied by a recent updated comprehensive CV, copies of qualifications, Identity Document and driver’s license.
- Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification(s), it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- The accompanying documents need not be certified, shortlisted candidates will be required to bring certified copies on or before the interviews.
- The successful candidate will be required to obtain a top secret clearance issued by the State Security Agency.
- The OPSC will verify the qualifications and conduct reference checking on short-listed candidates.
- Candidates will be subjected to Competency Assessment to determine their suitability for the post.
- Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
- If you have not been contacted within 3 months of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Please take note that late applications will not be accepted.
- All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test the relevant technical elements of the job, logistics of which will be communicated by the office of the Public Service Commission.
- Applicants are advised that the old Z83 which was valid until 31 December 2020 will not be accepted.
- Should an individual wish to apply for a post, he/she will be required to submit the new application for employment (Z83) form which became effective on 1 January 2021 and can be downloaded at www.dpsa.gov.za-vacancies.
- From 1 January 2021 should an application be received using incorrect applications for employment (Z83) form, it will not be considered.
- R211 713 - R249 378 per annum (Salary Level 6)
- Ms Nobayethi Dube
- Ms Faith Mashikinya
- 012 352 1028
- 012 352 1139
Download Full Vacancy
Hand Deliver at
- Forward your application, stating the relevant reference number to: The Director-General, Office of the Office of the Public Service Commission, Private Bag X121, Pretoria, 0001
- Hand-deliver at Commission House, Office Park Block B, 536 Francis Baard Street, Arcadia, Pretoria for attention Mr M Mabuza.