Netcare - Table View, Cape Town, Western Cape
Closing date yi 15 ka February 2024
- You will be required to be a brand ambassador by provide the best and safest person centre health and care, quality customer service, whilst living our values of care, truth, participation, compassion and dignity.
- The incumbent will be required to provide quality customer service aligned with the overall business strategy and fulfil administrative, switchboard, billing and pay-point functions.
- Grade 12 or equivalent NQF 4 certificate.
- Higher certificate in Business Management or related.
- Previous experience in hospital/clinic environment would be desirable.
- Knowledge of Medical Schemes advantageous.
- Computer literacy.
- SAP experience.
- ME + experience.
Skills & Competencies
- Thorough knowledge of general / primary care nursing theory and practice.
- Extensive knowledge of modern nursing care principles and practices in the highly specialised field of the intensive care nursing.
- Ensure accuracy (quality and integrity) of information, whether existing or new, on the patient file and billing system.
- Ensure that the reception area is always neat and tidy.
- Accountable for accurate document completion (admission & discharge).
- Deal with all customer complaints, and if not resolved, escalate to the relevant manager.
- Accountable for all banking/cash up processes as per Standard Operating Procedures.
- Pay point duties as required i.e. receipt of Cash/Credit card/ Debit card and allocation to patient account.
- Deal with telephonic enquiries and queries.
- Accurately record messages in the appropriate message book and ensure that the messages are delivered.
- Ensure accurate bookings are made with patient's preference of practitioner, date and time.
- Manage patient arrivals in a proficient and professional manner.
- Assist patient in completing the appropriate documentation to ensure compliance to admission process as per Standard Operating Procedure.
- Verify and confirm the file for accuracy and completeness and update.
- Print an MCR and ensure the correct practitioner has been selected.
- Inform the patient of any outstanding balances or levies.
- Validate the patient details on the applicable switch application and inform the patient if verification was not successful.
- Direct all patients to the appropriate location, services and professional.
- Monitor patient waiting times and keep patient informed.
- Ensure that the patient is correctly billed after the visit.
- Ensure that accounts are switched for all Medical Aid patients and that all outstanding monies are collected at the time of visit.
- Setting up appointments for patients with specialists as requested by practitioners.
- Manage requests for repeat scripts accurately and timeously.
- Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are requested to e-mail a detailed CV.
- While we have tried to ensure the accuracy of the information, Salary Magazine cannot accept any responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions.
- You should always check with the Job Center or employers directly to confirm the details are still accurate before applying.
- If you need further help with this job or any other, please feel free to ask.
- Best of luck with your job application!
- Medicross Tableview