- Mossel Bay Municipality, an employer committed to equal employment, invites persons to apply for the undermentioned vacancy.
- National Diploma or equivalent qualification (NQF Level 6)
- Valid Code B driver’s license
- Three (3) years’ horticulture/relevant experience of which at least two (2) years must be in a supervisory capacity
Skills & Competencies
- Proficient in at least two (2) of the three (3) official languages of the Western Cape
- Computer literate (MS Office applications)
- Interpersonal, motivational and conflict management skills
- Financial management skills
- Required to work after hours and in all weather conditions
- Able to work independently, handle stress and make on-site decisions
- Manage the provision and maintenance of all horticultural functions in municipal parks, gardens, cemeteries, town entrances and municipal office gardens
- Manage the financial aspects, personnel, contractors, resources, areas, facilities, administration and occupational health & safety of the section
- Adhere to legal requirements regarding the removal of alien and indigenous vegetation as well as protected plant and tree species
- Keep abreast with technological developments in the rehabilitation and maintenance of parks, beautification, cemeteries and public open spaces
- Manage the allocation and control of vehicles and equipment
- Assist with the preparation of capital and operating estimates, and control expenditure against approved budget allocations
- Formulate contracts and tender documents and assist with controlling of contractual obligations
- Manage the assets of the section to prevent losses and to comply with regulations as determined by applicable policies and regulations
- Implement procedures and controls to ensure that unsafe or hazardous conditions associated with the function are identified and rectified
- Participate in meetings and respond to queries providing comments/opinions on functional issues with respect to service deliverables
- Prepare investigational and productivity reports, and complete operational documentation
- Manage the utilization, productivity and performance of personnel within the section
- Shortlisted candidates may be subjected and required to undergo a theoretical and/or practical test, including a driving skills test.
- Notwithstanding any representations to the contrary, no employment contract will come into effect until a written offer has been made by the municipality to, and accepted by, the applicant.
- These conditions are compulsory and failing to comply will automatically lead to disqualification of the applicant.
- Application forms are available on the Municipal website (www.mosselbay.gov.za) or electronically available from the contact persons mentioned hereunder.
- Original Certified copies of proof of qualifications must accompany the CV.
- Electronic applications may be e-mailed.
- For equity purposes please indicate your race, gender and disability status.
- Further details are obtainable from Ms N Bouwer or Ms J Ruiters at telephone number (044) - 6065000.
- If applicants are not contacted within 40 days of the closing date, it can be accepted that they were not successful.
- The Mossel Bay Municipality is committed to comply to the requirements of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998, for the advancement of previously disadvantaged and disabled persons.
- Applicants residing within the boundaries of Mossel Bay will receive preference.
- All-inclusive total package of ± R716 837.76 – R887 541.75 per annum. Benefits e.g. medical aid scheme, pension fund, group life scheme, 13th cheque included.
- R443 271.12 – R575 396.04 per annum (T14)
- 28 January 2022 (No applications received after 13h00 will be accepted)
Download Full Vacancy
Hand Deliver at
- Applications in writing on the official application form and accompanied by a comprehensive CV, which will be regarded as confidential, must be directed to: The Senior Manager Human Resources, P O Box 25, Mossel Bay, 6500.