Coca-Cola Beverages South Africa - Gqeberha, Eastern Cape
Closing date yi 12 ka December 2023
- Coordinate and manage relevant hygiene activities or services relating to waste management, canteen services, sanitation, and cleaning, for the site, to ensure that relevant Third-Party contractual obligations are delivered and that cleaning services meet Good Manufacturing Practice requirements.
- A relevant formal qualification in either Food Sciences, Hygiene, or related fields.
- A minimum of 3 to 4 years’ experience within a food or beverage manufacturing environments.
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies.
- Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Ability to identify and report any Hazards associated with cleaning and hygiene.
- Understanding of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP).
Coordinate and Manage Hygiene Services and/or Activities:
- Develop a 1–3-month pest control, waste, hygiene, and canteen monitoring work plan.
- Coordinate and manage activities related to pest control, hygiene, garden, waste, and canteen contracts at site level to ensure service delivery meets business requirements.
- Support procurement during Request for Proposal (RFP) process, during the tender process, with scoping of work and site visits to enable vendor selection.
- Ensure material availability for pest control, waste, hygiene, and canteen service providers.
- Manage material budgets for Third party contracts.
- Oversee and ensure equipment maintenance is performed by contractors as per schedule.
- Coordinate waste management services to ensure appropriate waste removal, including the sorting of recyclable materials from point of source generation and the removal of separated waste to a central point.
- Manage canteen housekeeping by ensuring appropriate cleaning resources and services are allocated.
Compile and Provide Monthly Reporting:
- Provide monthly pest control, waste and recycling reporting to the business and gather information to improve pest control.
- Provide monthly Good Manufacturing Practice report to ensure business is aligned on status of adherence to relevant standards.
- Provide monthly reports on canteen performance.
Drive and Ensure Adherence to relevant Health and Safety Standards:
- Adopt measures to ensure compliance to relevant CCBSA cleaning standards (e.g., HACCP, ISO 9001, ISO 22000, ISO 14001).
- Provide cleaning standards and cleaning schedules and maintain records (this includes ensuring that the Canteen service provider meets relevant SHEQ standards) and ensure standards are available when required.
- Inspect and audit all SHEQ requirements and work instructions, in applicable areas, and provide a report to the Quality Assurance Manager on the status.
- Train contractors on Company SHEQ requirements.
- Ensure contractor compliance to SHEQ and other related business systems.
- Ensures that supplier contract obligations are in line with company cleaning standards.
- Drives adherence to Good Manufacturing Practice and cleaning standards by staff and contractors.
- Maintain and ensure availability of cleaning material and equipment / waste equipment.
- Manage contractors via Supplier Partnering Process (SPP) guidelines.
- Conduct regular audits (i.e., waste management practices by contractors), on and off site, to ensure that contractors maintain adherence to required standards.
People management and administration:
- Manage employee performance in common areas (ablution facilities, canteens, waste area, open plan, etc). this includes career development of employees and the management of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Capture and resolve time errors for employees in area of responsibility.
- Allocate individual cleaning staff to dedicated work areas and manage disciplinary issues.
- Ensure employees are properly trained on the use of cleaning materials, equipment and other relevant training and maintain records of training.
- While we have tried to ensure the accuracy of the information, Salary Magazine cannot accept any responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions.
- You should always check with the Job Center or employers directly to confirm the details are still accurate before applying.
- If you need further help with this job or any other, please feel free to ask.
- Best of luck with your job application!