- Fixed term contract linked to that of the Political Office Term
- Grade 12 with a secretarial qualification or relevant equivalent NQF level 5
- Experience and Understanding of a political environment will be an added advantage
Skills & Competencies
- Exceptional Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet & E-mail)
- Excellent office management, leadership and analytical skills
- Ability to demonstrate resilience and to function effectively under pressure
- Knowledge of and interpretation of legislative framework, service delivery, imperatives and implementation thereof
- Ability to understand and observe protocol
- Manage the office, diary and logistical arrangements in the Office of the MMC
- Manage all incoming and outgoing correspondence including prioritising and referring of correspondence to relevant departments locally, provincially and nationally on behalf of the MMC.
- Receive and screen all telephone calls within the office of the MMC as and when required.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive filing system for the office of the MMC
- Coordinate all traveling, accommodation arrangements for the MMC
- Procurement of goods and services for the office of the MMC and facilitate payments of service providers
- Arrange and co-ordinate meetings, workshops, campaigns and events
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders on matters of service delivery and political mandates
- To assist the MMC to manage and monitor outputs, workflow and office deadlines
- Make sound judgement on matters that are highly sensitive in nature and handle responsibly
- Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
- Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful.
- The City of Ekurhuleni subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act and reserves the right to appoint, not appoint or to appoint laterally.
- R468 696 - R617 416 per annum (TCTC)
- Tel: 0860 54 3000