- Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced applicants.
- Grade 12 with typing as a subject
Skills & Competencies
- Must be able to type 35 words per minute
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Word
- Provides a typing service in respect of agendas, minutes, reports and general correspondence
- Dictaphone typing
- Applicants will not be required to complete an application form.
- Candidates who are suitably qualified as per the minimum requirements for the post set out in the advertisement are to submit a copy of their curriculum vitae together with a covering letter, along with the relevant required documentation for a specific post. (i.e. certified copies of certificates not copies of certified copies, diplomas, degrees, Identity Document and drivers' licenses, where applicable).
- Non-submission of the required supporting documentation may disqualify a candidate.
- Candidates are advised that the obligation rests upon them to demonstrate that they meet the minimum requirements specified for the post.
- Any candidate who does not meet the minimum requirements will be automatically disqualified.
- Fraudulent qualifications or any information submitted and the canvassing of councilors or officials will disqualify any candidates with immediate effect.
- Candidates are cautioned that documentation and information provided is checked with relevant authorities and fraudulent submissions may also lead to criminal charges being laid against persons involved in submission thereof.
- Depending on the requirements of the post, candidates will be required to undergo a defensive driving or physical/practical teat where applicable prior to the interview process.
- Buffalo City Metropolitan Municipality reserves the right or to fill any or all of the positions advertised at the sole discretion of Council.
- The Buffalo City Metropolitan Council is committed to the provisions of the Employment Equity Act (Act No. 55 of 1998) for the advancement of previously disadvantaged and disabled persons.
- Should candidates not be notified of the outcome of their applications within twenty (28) days of the closing date, they may regard themselves as having been unsuccessful.
- Benefits include subsidized pension, 13th cheque, medical aid and group life assurance schemes, generous leave privileges, housing subsidy and assistance towards removal expenses subject to certain conditions.
- Enquiries regarding the above posts can be made to Mr Z.R. Shweni on 043 705 2706 or Ms M. Naidoo on 043 705 2750.
- Task Grade 05: R132 243.32 – R171 667.63
- Total Package: Total Package: R288 770.00 per annum subject to certain conditions
Download Full Vacancy
Hand Deliver at
- Applications can be hand delivered to the Human Resources Department, Buxton House, Buxton Street or posted to the Directorate of Corporate Services, PO Box 134, EAST LONDON, 5200.