Lomsebenzi has expired (SORRRRY). Either closing date yawo idlulile okanye if ubungena closing date ixesha lawo lidlulile nalo. Ngoba thina imisebenzi engena closing date siyigcina intsuku ezisixhenxe.
Wits University - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Full-Time | Administration
Closing date yi 16 ka November 2019
- The main purpose of this job is to provide administrative support for academics and postgraduate students from across the University who are applying for research funding and / or who have received research funding and are using it according to the requirements of the funder.
- The administrative role plays a key component in fulfilling the strategic objective of the University Research Office and that is to create a research conducive environment.
- At least a post-secondary school qualification in a suitable field
- At least three years of experience in a university office of research support.
Skills & Competencies
- Project Management Skills
- Service attitude
- Good ICT skills, specifically database, Outlook, Office suite, internet browsers
- Building interpersonal relationships and partnerships, especially with individual and groups of academics
- A willingness to work long hours at times of pending deadlines
- Analytical thinking / problem solving
- Initiative and confidence
- Time management skills
- Resilience - underwritten by good health and stamina,
- Common sense.
- Grant management administration – pre-and post-award activities – this involves being a NRF Designated Authority but also engaging with many other local and international funders;
- Liaison with other sections of the URO and other Offices in the University;
- Providing information, advice, and support with Faculties;
- Environment scanning looking for new funding opportunities and helping people apply successfully;
- General research management duties.