An opportunity has arisen for a high calibre Fleet Controller (Night Shift) to handle administrative tasks, supervising and controlling driver activities. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties and responsibilities below for further information.
• To ensure the most cost effective and efficient allocation, scheduling and routing of vehicles according to client service requirements.
• To maintain consistent and regular contact with drivers throughout the shift and to proactively monitor loading and off-loading and notify client accordingly.
• Ensure the administrative operating details are accurate and timeous with particular reference to PODs and other driver documents
• Optimize the utilization rate of the fleet and organize client deliveries.
o Reduce transportation costs.
o Improve the use of the fleet.
o Improve client services.
• Plan, monitor and communicate trips in compliance with company and customer policies and procedures.
• Ensure drivers and trucks are available and are compliant (Driver raining and vehicle maintenance)
• Coordinate and communicate with the drivers and loading area.
• Process transportation incidents (incidents, client complaints, loss of products, etc.).
• Take part in OBC monitoring.
• Matric or Equivalent Qualification
• Qualification in Logistics is advantageous
• Must have previous experience in a similar environment/role
• 2 -3 Years Fuel Tanker experience
• Sound knowledge of fleet routing, administration, product line and container types
• Geographical knowledge – national and cross-border
• Must be computer literate
• Prepared to work shifts
• Reliable and assertive
• Pro-active and ability to take initiative