Data Clerks (8 months contract)
- Tshwane Health
- Johannesburg Health Districts
- The United States Agency for International Development Tuberculosis South Africa Project (TBSAP) provides technical assistance and support to the Government of South Africa to reduce the burden of tuberculosis (TB) in the country. The objectives of the project are to reduce TB infections, increase sustainability of effective TB response systems, and improve care and treatment for vulnerable populations.
- The TB Data Clerks will report to the M&E Officers and will be responsible for planning, designing, and implementation of TB and TB/HIV data entry in support of the project interventions at health facility and community levels.
- Grade 12 or Diploma in any Science or Computer Science discipline;
- Excellent computer skills (Windows 10, MS Office Word and Excel experience);
- Experience with databases and statistical programs would be an advantage;
- Experience working in a health facility environment.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent communication skills in English and one other national language (both written and oral);
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures;
- Excellent reporting skills;
- Effective time management skills;
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team;
- Ability to work under pressure and be pro-active;
- A valid driver’s license;
- Having own transport is desirable or be able to use public transport as travelling to local health facilities will be required.
- Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period, without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
- Organize patient files at facilities; filing and retrieving of files;
- Record and capture all clinical data from the clinical record onto the electronic database;
- Prepare, compile and sort documents for data entry;
- Provide weekly reports on data collected to the MEL Officer;
- Maintain client confidentiality;
- Check source documents for accuracy and completeness;
- Verify data and make corrections where necessary;
- Combine and rearrange data from source documents where required;
- Enter data from source documents into prescribed computer database, files and forms;
- Transcribe information into the required electronic format;
- Scan documents into document management systems or databases;
- Store completed documents in designated locations;
- Maintain timesheets and logbooks/records of activities and tasks conducted;
- Respond to requests for information and access relevant files;
- Comply with data integrity and security policies.
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly TB and TB/HIV status data to the MEL officer;
- Provide activity-based reports a per the project guidelines to the MEL officer.
- Suitable and interested candidates should send CV/Résumé, Cover Letter “quoting the Position, Province and District on the email subject line and completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet.
- 27 May 2020
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 3 months, kindly accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- URC is an E-Verify Employer.
- URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
Lomsebenzi ufakwe ngu Siseko Gwegwe nge 22 ka May 2020