Occupational Health and Wellness Specialist
Total - Rosebank, Johannesburg, Gauteng
Full-Time | Safety Health Environment Risk & Quality
Closing date ayichazwanga
- Tertiary Qualification in Occupational Health & Safety
- Minimum of 3 years work experience.
- Valid code 08 License
Audits and reporting:
- Coordinate Industrial Health, Hygiene and Wellness program and related activities and provide timely recommendations to business (on best practice Medical Surveillance, Biological Monitoring, Occupational Hygiene Risk Assessment and Staff Medical Evaluation systems and controls).
- Collate Health, hygiene and Wellness trend analysis and monitor corrective and preventive actions of audit findings conducted within the scope of the portfolio.
- Provide comprehensive statistical analysis of the Occupational Health, Hygiene and Wellness program
- Provide support on understanding of company policies and/ procedures relating to Occupational Health and Hygiene and employee’s wellness and ensure awareness of the same
- Ensure compliance to Policies, company rules, local legislation and Directives
- Align the strategic function of occupation hygiene and wellness division with other Total requirements in line with the HSE long term plan
- Provide support in the co-ordination of incapacity cases as per policy and procedures by liaising with the relevant HR practitioner and applicable external stakeholders.
- Maintain electronic Wellness records; reviews data to verify completeness of employment data
- Assist with relevant projects as identified by Legal and Business Requirements around Health to avoid liability claims and non-conformance.
- Ensure the recommendations from Health accidents/incidents are followed up and timeous feedback is given to Business regarding the close out of such findings and recommendations and preparing all relevant documentation as required by Regulatory bodies.
- Assist in ensuring that all events and non-conformances are investigated and reported as required by legislation and advise on corrective and preventive actions and evaluate the effectiveness of the implementation.
- Facilitate the development of TMSA's disability management program and lead the project to implementation in the business
- Ensure the close out of all Health and hygiene assessment findings within the required timelines and to escalate noncompliance to this accordingly
- Identify, assess the quality and monitor Event Reporting practices of all events on RAMSES relating to Health.
- Ensure that all level 3 and above Health accidents/incidents are investigated, REX Reports are evaluated and results reported on a monthly basis.
- Contribute towards identifying and benchmarking best Health, Hygiene and Wellness practices, constantly monitoring non-conformance trends, analyzing and implementing improvement programs.
- Keep abreast of all Health and Wellness related legislative requirements and to communicate to line management on changes immediately.
- Develop all health and Wellness related policies and procedures
- Management and compliance to the medical surveillance schedule
- Carry out any other lawful and reasonable instruction by the Environment, Liabilities Health and Systems Manager and the GM: HSSE.
- Develop and implement various programs to improve the health and wellness of employees
- Lead various health and wellness related programs and initiatives
Advising and training:
- Guide Business on changes to legislation, Company rules and Guidelines and by verifying the impact of these on the Business
- Escalate identified high risk conditions and follow up on the actions required to remedy the situation.
- Develop and present awareness training on HSE Matters
- Complete all HSE Reporting as per Divisional reporting requirements
- Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 12 ka January 2022