Airport Services Agent
The Emirates Group - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Full-Time | Customer Service
Closing date yi 29th ka June 2022
- Working under the direction of senior Airport Services colleagues, to represent Emirates and enhance customer service to both arriving and departing customers.
- Ensure all operational criteria are completed within specified time frames as per the criteria set forth by the Company's commercial, safety and security policies, standards and procedures.
- Must have completed relevant and recognized professional training courses in Customer Services and Ground Operations.
- Given the specific requirements at outstations, a minimum of 2 years' Airline Industry experience is required.
Skills & Competencies
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Local Language.
- Customer Service Delivery.
- Knowledge of Basic Fares and Ticketing would be advantageous.
- Provide assistance to customers on arrival and departure, ensuring high quality and professional customer service is maintained at all times.
- These include ascertaining the requirements of various categories of customers such as unaccompanied minors, customers with reduced mobility etc. ensuring appropriate special services and facilities are provided to meet the special service requirements of the customers.
- Co-ordinate the airport operation of chauffeur-driven limousines for eligible customers after arrival, and open the Emirates arrival information desk.
- Monitor the arrival immigration problems, retrieve relevant documentation and report accordingly ensuring adherence to all procedures with regard to travel, immigration and safety regulations.
- Monitor check-in including 'queue-combing' to keep customers informed of checking delays, identifying and giving priority to Premium customers and ensure service standards are maintained.
- Assist in the preparation and completion of pre and post flight documentation and statistical information to ensure all data is accurately accounted for.
- Provide cover in the absence of the senior team members during leave/sickness/training as directed by the Airport Services Officer or other senior colleague.
- Assist in dealing with problems such as delays, disruptions, excess baggage or denied boarding including implementation of 'Options' within the guidelines provided by the Senior Staff on Duty in order to retain customers confidence and loyalty.
- Also ensure eligible customers are provided with accommodation and transport as per applicable procedures.
- Where required, assist with check-in, boarding at the gates as per laid down procedures, provide announcements, and carry out hand baggage removal, handling of late-to gate customers, flight coupon reconciliation and head count confirmation to ensure safe and on time departure of flights.
- Monitor baggage delivery performance against agreed standards, keeping customers informed about any delays or irregularities with their baggage to maintain an efficient baggage delivery service to customers and monitor files creation and quality of baggage services as per Emirates Standard Operating Procedure.
- Support and cover the Emirates Ticket Desk functions, where applicable, and undertake ticketing/reservation duties to ensure seamless service to customers.
- Offer full range of Emirates products and services to all customers to maximize ticketing revenue. Issue tickets, EMD, EBT, make and amend reservations as and when necessary.
- Re-issue and re-calculate fares for customers changing itinerary and make any additional collection as required.
- Carry out Credit Card verification.
- Complete daily ticket sales returns and assist with banking duties as required.
- When required support duties in the Emirates lounge.
- Liaise with service providers and supervise contracted staff, overseeing catering, cleaning and maintenance operations and ensure service standards are met and maintained.
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 17 ka June 2022