Servest Careers - Midrand, Johannesburg, Gauteng
Servest (Pty) Ltd, a Leading Facilities Management Company has a challenging opportunity for a Legal Advisor reporting to the Legal Manager to be based at Head Office (Waterfall Midrand). The position is for the Group Shared Service.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for overseeing legal matters pertaining to the organization, including but not limited to:
- Litigation matters-commercial and labour related
- Providing timeous and accurate legal advice
- Drafting, vetting and negotiating of contracts
- Reviewing and providing legal advice on agreements and tender documents
- Reviewing, drafting, and implementing policies
- Researching and preparing legal opinions
- Leading, managing, co-ordinating and working with external lawyers
- Liaising with the different business units and departments to ensure that where there have been legal risks identified, appropriate courses of action are taken
- Reporting on all matters on a continuous basis
- Provide all stakeholders with regular information regarding new legislation (which include new Bills, Acts, Regulations, Standards, Directives and Case Law).
- Research all new legislation and regulation and prepare high level impact analysis
- Update changes to existing processes as a result of new legislation.
- Assist and provide support with the legal due diligence process by identifying legal risks and enabling the business to implement the appropriate controls to mitigate these risks.
- Bachelor of Law Degree (LLB/BCom-LLB)
- Admitted attorney with 3 - 4 years post articles experience
- Practice with corporate and commercial legal experience is preferable
- Experience in M&A transactions
- Works well in a team environment and must be able to collaborate with the executive team in transactions and negotiations
- Excellent writing skills