Health and Safety Officer
Servest Careers - Krugersdorp, Gauteng
Servest Catering and Camp Management ,the division of Servest Pty Ltd is seeking to employ an experienced health and safety officer for their site in West Rand area.Person must have preferably have experience in food / hospitality background.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing, implementing, monitoring and maintaining of effective HSEQ (health and safety plans; files) systems on site by evaluating the requirements of site
- Continuously evaluating the effectiveness of the systems Coordinate and implementation of new systems or improvements and monitoring the effectiveness whilst taking best practice principles into account
- Implementing safety, health and environmental Acts and regulations by interpreting the relevant legislation, establishing safety regulations and practices and conducting (food safety) hygiene and safety inspections
- Monitoring and investigating quality/hygiene / occupational HSEQ system deficiencies and effectiveness and ensure adherence to standards and to effect changes / reviews accordingly
- Arranging and coordinating of occupational health / hygiene assessments
- internal and external HSEQ inspections / audits
- continuously Ensuring adherence to client & legal requirements, standards and organisational objectives; Facilitating action planning on occupational health, hygiene and quality inspection /audit information and making of recommendations to line management on corrective action;
- Facilitating and where required conducting of incident investigations from occurrence, to root cause analysis, validation and verification of both corrective and preventative actions and develop lessons learned to the business to prevent re-occurrence.
- Conducting and Facilitating risk assessments for the project Attending /Facilitating HSEQ Meetings Preparing and submitting reports to management on all observations and corrective action recommendations .
- Matric (Grade 12)
- Basic Computer Literacy – Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, Internet HSEQ Qualification ISO 22000
- Foof Safety Management ,ISO 9001
- Quality Management SAMTRAC OHSAS 18001
- Occupational Health and Safety
- 2 years of production/project management HSEQ Experience
- HSEQ Systems knowledge
- Risk Assessments experience
- Able to be analytical, take decisions and solve problems