Payments Association of South Africa Assistant Company Secretary Johannesburg
Closing date yi 27 ka February 2020
- To support the Company Secretary of PASA in providing a highly professional, competent and proactive Company Secretarial service to the organisation, in particular, PASA Council and its Committees.
- To deputise for the Company Secretary as and when required.
- The successful candidate will assist in establishing and maintaining the highest levels of corporate governance in alignment with the Companies Act (where appropriate) and King IV.
- A relevent Company Secretarial qualification.
- Five years of administration experience
- Five years minute taking experience
- Two or more years in a similar role
- Drivers licence and own transport
Skills & Competencies
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Proficiency in Adobe Pro and Filesite/iManage work would be an advantage
- Payments knowledge would advantageous
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong planning and organising abilities
- Proficient in relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with others
- Ability to build credibility and trust
- Ability to analyse problems and make decisions
- Ability to work under pressure
- Diligent and with excellent attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Providing a full range of corporate secretarial support and governance advice.
- Coordinating and arranging all Council, Committee and General meeting dates.
- Assisting the Company Secretary in the administration of all Council and Committee meetings.
- Maintaining all statutory registers, minute books and any other governance documents.
- Assisting the Company Secretary in the execution of the annual Council and Committee plans.
- Drafting round robin resolutions.
- Responsibility for dealing with queries and requests from stakeholders.
- Assisting the Company Secretary with the preparation of various reports for the Annual Report.
- Collation and circulation of meeting documentation.
- Contributing to the establishment of internal Company Secretariat procedures, guidelines and templates and the continued development of self-help tools.
- The ability to work independently and be the key point of contact for relevant Council Committees, the Executive Committee and some Council Structures.
- Keep the filing system and server updated with the latest documentation daily.
- Preparing directors’ fees and associated costs and ensuring that these are processed for payment.
- Ensuring that all decisions at meetings are accurately and appropriately recorded in the minutes of the meeting and escalated to Council, or reported to relevant managers, as and when required.
- Proactively following up on action items arising from minutes.
- Developing, building and maintaining strong relationships with the business to further enhance commercial acumen.
- Managing and coordinating the processing, verification and execution of all material legal documentation including contracts, trademarks and patents
- Coaching and support colleagues in developing new skills.
- Remaining abreast of industry developments as well as regulatory and legislative changes and providing proactive guidance inside and outside of meetings.
- Compiling presentation packs for Council and Council Committees.
Lomsebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 14 ka February 2020