Office Manager / Administrative Secretary: Chambers of the Chief Justice (Three-Year Contract), Ref No: 2022/73/OCJ
Office of the Chief Justice - Braamfontein, Johannesburg, Gauteng
Contract | Government
Closing date yi 16 ka May 2022
- The Office of the Chief Justice is an equal opportunity employer. In the filling of vacant posts, the objectives of section 195(1)(i) of the Constitution of South Africa, 1996, the Employment Equity imperatives as defined by the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act55) of 1998) and the relevant Human Resources policies of the Department will be taken into consideration and preference will be given to Women and Persons with Disabilities.
- Grade 12 and a three-year National Diploma/ Bachelor’s Degree in Office Management or equivalent qualification at NQF Level 6 (360 credits).
- A minimum of three (3) years’ relevant experience in an Office Administration environment.
- A valid driver’s licence.
Skills & Competencies
- Job Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of the functioning of an executive office.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Proficiency in English (verbal and written).
- Knowledge of Electronic Information Resources and online retrieval.
- Strong Leadership and Management Capabilities.
- Ability and willingness to travel often and work long hours.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and to work under pressure.
- A sense of attention to detail.
- Computer literacy (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook).
- Manage the Chamber responsibilities/duties of the Chief Justice.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the Chief Justice.
- Provide receptionist services in the Chambers of the Chief Justice.
- Provide support to the Chief Justice with regard to preparation for meetings.
- Provide assistance to the Chief Justice in support of his extra judicial responsibilities.
- Liaise with all stakeholders with regard to matters emanating from the Chambers of the Chief Justice.
- Check and manage all incoming and outgoing correspondence from the Chambers of the Chief Justice with other stakeholders.
- Facilitate that reports and documents are processed timeously for the Chief Justice in preparation for official commitments.
- All applications must be in a NEW Z83 form, which can be downloaded on internet at www.judiciary.org.za/ www.dpsa.gov.za/dpsa2g/vacancies.asp or obtainable from any Public Service Department.
- Each application form must be fully completed, duly signed and initialled by the applicant.
- The application must indicate the correct job title, the office where the position is advertised and the reference number as stated in the advert.
- Failure to fully complete the form, sign and initial by the applicant will lead to disqualification of the application during the selection process.
- Received applications using the old Z83 will not be considered.
- A recent comprehensive CV; contactable referees (telephone numbers and email addresses must be indicated); copies of qualifications and Identity Document and driver’s license (where appropriate) and any other relevant documents should be attached (Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified documents/copies on or before the day of the interviews).
- Should you be in a possession of foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- All non-SA citizens must attach a copy of proof of permanent residence in South Africa to their applications.
- Dual citizenship holder must provide the Police Clearance certificate from country of origin.
- Applications that do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements will not be considered.
- Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record, financial checks, qualification verification, citizenship checks, reference checks and employment verification).
- Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
- If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- The Department reserves the right not to make any appointment(s) to the advertised post(s).
- Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late, will not be considered.
- The Department does not accept applications via fax or email.
- Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered during the selection process.
- Office of the Chief Justice is an equal opportunity employer.
- In the filling of these posts, the Employment Equity Plan of the Department will be taken into consideration and preference will be given to Women and Persons with Disabilities.
- All shortlisted candidates for SMS posts will be subjected to a technical competency exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which be communicated by the Department.
- Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools.
- Applicants could be required to provide consent for access to their social media accounts.
- Prior to appointment for SMS, a candidate would be required to complete the Nyukela Programme: Pre-entry Certificate to Senior Management Services as endorsed by DPSA which is an online course, endorsed by the National School of Government (NSG).
- The course is available at the NSG under the name Certificate for entry into the SMS and the full details can be sourced by the following link: https://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entry-programme/.
- All successful candidate will be expected to enter into an employment contract and a performance agreement within 3 months of appointment, as well as be required to undergo a security clearance three (3) months after appointments.
- R382 245.00 – R461 745.00 per annum plus 37% in lieu of benefits.
- The successful candidate will be required to sign a performance agreement.
- Technical and HR related enquiries: Ms L Kwinika Tel No: (010) 493 2500 / 2578
Download Full Vacancy
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 21 ka April 2022