Economist: Agricultural Trust & Statutory Measures
National Agricultural Marketing Council - Arcadia, Pretoria, Gauteng
Full-Time | Agriculture
Closing date yi 18 ka May 2022
- Reporting to Senior Manager: Agricultural Trust / Statutory Measures
- A BSc Agricultural Economics or related qualification.
- Three (3) years’ working experience in agricultural environment, enterprise development.
- A Driver’s License.
- Post graduate degree will be an added advantage.
Skills & Competencies
- Advanced Communication, Presentation, Computer, Advanced writing, Analytical, Advanced Interpersonal, Coordination, Events Management, and Facilitation.
- Innovative, Analytical, Confidentiality, Customer Focused, Team Work, Deadline Driven, Diversity Management, Cultural Sensitivity, and Dynamic.
Management Assistance & Stakeholder Engagements:
- Assist with the development of divisional strategic plans.
- Assist in preparation of divisional presentations.
- Attend monthly extended MANCOM meetings.
- Assist SM with Risk Register and attending Risk management committee meeting
- Provide supervision to the junior employees under the division.
- Assist the SM in mentoring and evaluation of the Trustees’ participations during meetings.
- Assist in the engagements with DALRRD, Provincial departments and related stakeholders.
- This includes the coordination of the Agriculture and Agro-Processing Master Plan.
- Assist in preparations of quarterly, annual and CEO reports.
- Monitor the end terms of Ministerial trustees.
Viability of the agricultural Sector
- Monitor and Evaluate Trusts through:
- Attending trust meetings;
- Develop Status of Trust report (share – Minister);
- Host Trust workshop – and publish a report;
- Monitoring the Trusts performance against the requirements of the Trust Deeds and advise NAMC with identified issues; and
- Monitor the implementation of transformation. This means ensuring that the trust do real transformation to its beneficiaries.
- Capacity building of ministerial trustees as and when required; and
- Ensure that the Agri-Trust Digest is developed and published bi-monthly
Export earnings from agricultural products:
- Assist in arrangements Annual Conference;
- Assist in Steering Committee meetings and minutes;
- Assist in convening of the Steering Committee meetings;
- Assist in Implementation of AFRICAP; and
- Assist in the development of the FANRPAN Digest and ensure that it is published bi-monthly.
Market Access to All Participants:
- Assist to coordinate the TRC meetings and minutes (internal or with external);
- Assist in ensuring attendance of industry transformation meetings and workshops;
- Assist in reviewing of the transformation business plans;
- Assist draft letters responding to industry proposals;
- Assist in M&E of transformation projects;
- Assist in the development of the Transformation Digest and ensure that it published bi-monthly;
- Assist in the attendance of industry transformation committees, congresses, symposiums and conferences
- If you have not been contacted within three months of the closing date, please note that your application was unsuccessful.
Download Full Vacancy