Eskom Pension and Provident Fund - Bryanston, Johannesburg, Gauteng
Full-Time | Administration
Closing date yi 29th ka June 2022
- Accurately process Eskom Pension Fund claims according to the Pension Fund Rules.
- Relevant Diploma
- 2 years job-related experience
- Retirement Fund industry knowledge is advantageous
Skills & Competencies
- Basic knowledge of Pension Funds Act
- Knowledge of Pension Funds Rules
- Basic knowledge of tax legislation applicable to pension payouts
- Knowledge of Benefits Formulae
- Familiarity with Divorce Act & associated Pension Fund Legislation
Maintain Member / Pensioner Systems Data:
- Prepare member data, according to standard procedure and submit to Home Affairs Department with a request for verification of member and pensioner existence.
- Identify invalid records and refer for verification, requesting additional information from member
- Send standard letters to the families of the ‘deceased’ pensioner for death certificate.
- Check completeness of Evidence of Survival Forms (EOS) and request outstanding information.
- Capture EOS information on system in terms of standard procedure.
- Prepare for reinstatement of suspended pensions, according to policy and procedure.
- Update, process and verify members’ and pensioners’ personal details e.g. bank details, contact details, personal details, deductions, and request outstanding members’ documentation.
- Transfer in from other Funds, form completion, follow up and workflow entry on the member’s record.
Process benefit claims:
- Perform quality assurance on claim forms and supporting documents received according to applicable work flow, rules and legislation to ensure claims are accurate and compliant.
- Check member eligibility in terms of the rules of the Fund.
- Validate the exit claim form to the exit movement received.
- Check accuracy of all claim documentation and member information and request additional information if required.
- Verify applicability of member options to Fund Rule and Legislative requirements.
- Capture the member details applicable to the exit event or update requests.
- Draw member/pensioner history to prepare information in readiness for a health check, ensuring accuracy of member data, information and applicable calculations.
- Compare member contribution history and emoluments for the exit period to ensure accuracy of benefit.
- Check the manual calculated Final Average Emoluments are verified to those applied in the exit calculation in all areas.
- Once all information is captured, check all member data and values are correctly updated in the member work flow, in order to calculate the member or beneficiary values as per the member choice.
- Ensure all notes and emails received are recorded against members records
- Check the values displayed within the work flow process match the health check.
- Apply for a tax directive where required in accordance with standard procedure.
- Complete manual tax directives when required.
- Update claim details on pension system to ensure a one stop service at Call Centre.
- Distribute payment letters and pensioner cards (if applicable) to members.
- Ensure all engagements are member centric.
Resolve queries relating to claims and or customer enquiries:
- Assist business (Call Centre, Payroll, Social Workers & Legal etc) with enquiries received timeously, to keep stakeholders informed.
- Respond to appropriately to enquiries received from external stakeholders, regarding member enquiries, via e-mail and telephonically.
- Obtain historical information related to member benefit claims, to determine the origination of member values and documents.
- Draft letters to respond to standard enquiries, conveying an appropriate response which is grammatically correct.
- Obtain approval from Supervisor where complex enquiries are received.
- Provide the necessary information to assist SARS with the understanding of the nature of the Fund.
- Allocate and reconcile member contributions to ensure that all contributions are correctly recorded.
Contribute to the team:
- Assist Supervisor & Manager with on-going projects related to business developments & enhancements.
- Perform system testing when required.
- Visit SARS & maintain a relationship regarding the manual tax directives issued.