Entyce Beverages Food Safety Technician Isando, Ekurhuleni
Closing date yi 14 ka November 2019
- The incumbent will be responsible for management of compliance to good manufacturing practices, quality and food safety related activities to secure consumer safety.
- The role interacts with internal customers within the manufacturing operation namely Production, Logistics, Site Services and Continuous Improvement.
- A completed tertiary qualification Food Technology / Biotechnology / Food Sciences / Analytical Chemistry
- At least 5 years’ experience gained in a similar role or a laboratory environment
Skills & Competencies
- Good technical skill with laboratory instrumentation
- HACCP and or FSSC 22000 understanding
- AIB knowledge advantageous
- Working with people
- Planning and organising
- Presenting and communicating information
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Following instructions and procedures
- Adapting and responding to change
Quality, GMP and Food Safety
- Oversee the hygiene surveys for site including post CIP verification of wet plants.
- This is in accordance to AIB and FSSC 22 000 requirements.
- Manage risks associated with CIP process Manage risks as identified by the HACCP studies.
- Investigate customer complaints with a food safety risk.
- Maintain and coordinate the calibration schedule for test equipment for controlled equipment including for Trade Metrology requirement.
- Maintain test equipment in the main and satellite laboratories and ensure they are maintained in good working order.
- Manage Chemical control process and its impact on Food Safety across the site
- Maintain the Master Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) file across and associated copies
- Conduct monthly inspections in conjunction with the Environmental Officer to check for compliance
- Manage the Pest Control Contract.
- Site liaison for cleaning queries.
- Ensure all areas of site are addressed by the MCS, Cleaning methods and cleaning checklists.
- Manage and coordinate high level cleaning.
- Ensure cleaning is as per GMP and FS standards.
- Chair monthly feedback meeting with service provider addressing all non conformities.
- Manage the pest control process on site by liaising with the pest control contractor on an on-going basis.
- Ensure all reported pest sightings are actioned and closed out.
- Ensure pest control is maintained and pest control programme performance is reported to the Food Safety Committee.
- Maintain oversight of the pest control contactor and ensure the pest control program is effective.
Quality Management Systems
- Initiate Non-conformances and Corrective Action request where required.
- Participate in the internal audit programme for the site i.e. GMP and Business Process Audits.
- Participate in the Task Force Activities.
- Assist with QC lab activities where required.
- Ensures compliance to Safety procedures of self and fellow employees.
- Participates in team meetings and communicates with internal customers.
- Assistance where required and performance of other general tasks where requested.
- Setting budgets and controlling spend for contracts managed.
Lomsebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 7 ka November 2019