Senior Legal Administration Officer (MR5)
Department of Water and Sanitation - Pretoria, Gauteng
Full-Time | Government
Closing date yi 30th ka October 2020
- An LLB Degree or equivalent legal qualification on NQF7.
- At least 8 years’ appropriate post qualification legal experience.
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to draft legal documents that provide clear motivation / justification for a particular position pertaining to the case, also proposing the approach to be followed to ensure success in this regard.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA) and Treasury Regulations, the Public Service Act and Regulations, Promotion of Administrative Justice Act and Promotion of Access to Information Act.
- Knowledge of Public Finance Management Act (PFMA), Constitutional Law, Promotion of Access to Information Act and Administrative Law.
- An ability to interpret legislation, good analytical and research skills, good verbal and written communication skills in English, good drafting skills, computer literacy, an ability to work in a team, a pro-active, problem-solving and positive attitude and an ability to adhere to deadlines are essential.
- Render legal advisory services on diverse legal issues to the Minister, the Director-General and officials of the Department.
- Conduct research that will provide information and case law relevant to the legal matter at hand and present motivation/ proposals on how the specific case should be approached to obtain a desirable/ justifiable outcome / result.
- Manage litigation instituted by and against the Department, including water tribunal appeals.
- Conduct Legislative review, drafting of Bills, subordinate legislation and regulations.
- Provide legal support, advice, drafting and vetting of contracts.
- Please e-mail your application quoting the post reference number.
- Interested applicants must submit their applications for employment to the e-mail address specified to each post.
- Applications must be submitted on a signed and dated Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as copies of qualifications and Identity document.
- No late, applications will be accepted.
- Original/certified copies must be produced by only shortlisted candidates during the interview date.
- A SAQA evaluation report must accompany foreign qualifications.
- Applications that do not comply with the above mentioned requirements will not be considered. All shortlisted candidates for SMS posts will be subjected to a technical and competency assessment.
- A pre-entry certificate obtained from the National School of Government (NSG) is required for all SMS applicants.
- Candidates will complete a financial disclosure form and also be required to undergo a security clearance.
- Foreigners or dual citizenship holders must provide the Police Clearance certificate from country of origin.
- The Department of Water Sanitation is an equal opportunity employer.
- In the filling of vacant posts the objectives of section 195 (1) (i) of the Constitution of South Africa, 1996 (Act No: 108 of 1996), the Employment Equity imperatives as defined by the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act No: 55 of 1998) and relevant Human Resources policies of the Department will be taken into consideration.
- Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
- If you do not hear from us within two (2) months of this advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
- The department reserves the right not to fill these positions.
- Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and preference will be given to the EE Targets.
- Preference will be given to African, Indian, Coloureds, White females and persons with disabilities.
- R373 389 per annum, (OSD)
Download Full Vacancy
- Ms M Khuduga
- Tel (012) 336 7835
- Ms. L Mabole
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 20 ka October 2020