Lomsebenzi has expired (SORRRRY). Either closing date yawo idlulile okanye if ubungena closing date ixesha lawo lidlulile nalo. Ngoba thina imisebenzi engena closing date siyigcina intsuku ezisixhenxe.
Assistant Technical Officers X2
Department of Water and Sanitation - Pretoria, Gauteng
Full-Time | Government
Closing date yi 30th ka October 2020
- This is a re-advertisement; applicants who have previously applied are encouraged to re-apply.
- A Senior / Grade 12 certificate with Mathematics / Mathematics Literacy.
- One (1) year experience will be added advantage in a construction or maintenance environment will serve as an added advantage.
Skills & Competencies
- Computer literacy.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able to read and write.
- Self-motivated and willingness to work in a team.
- Transport building materials to site; Mixing mortar, building models; Provide a support service to the Artisans, Foreman, Technicians and Engineers in building and testing dam models; General workmanship to build models which includes but is not limited to mixing concrete, carpentry, pipework, brick-laying etc.
- Responsible for the general cleaning and maintenance inside and outside the lab,
- Assist in demolishing models.
- Complete time sheet and submit to Artisan Foremen.
- Basic understanding of government legislation.
- Adhere to Occupational Health and Safety regulations and ensure that protective equipment is used appropriately.
- Please e-mail your application quoting the post reference number.
- Interested applicants must submit their applications for employment to the e-mail address specified to each post.
- Applications must be submitted on a signed and dated Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as copies of qualifications and Identity document.
- No late, applications will be accepted.
- Original/certified copies must be produced by only shortlisted candidates during the interview date.
- A SAQA evaluation report must accompany foreign qualifications.
- Applications that do not comply with the above mentioned requirements will not be considered. All shortlisted candidates for SMS posts will be subjected to a technical and competency assessment.
- A pre-entry certificate obtained from the National School of Government (NSG) is required for all SMS applicants.
- Candidates will complete a financial disclosure form and also be required to undergo a security clearance.
- Foreigners or dual citizenship holders must provide the Police Clearance certificate from country of origin.
- The Department of Water Sanitation is an equal opportunity employer.
- In the filling of vacant posts the objectives of section 195 (1) (i) of the Constitution of South Africa, 1996 (Act No: 108 of 1996), the Employment Equity imperatives as defined by the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act No: 55 of 1998) and relevant Human Resources policies of the Department will be taken into consideration.
- Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
- If you do not hear from us within two (2) months of this advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
- The department reserves the right not to fill these positions.
- Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and preference will be given to the EE Targets.
- Preference will be given to African, Indian, Coloureds, White females and persons with disabilities.
- R173 703 per annum, (Level 5)
Download Full Vacancy
- Mr. J Matlala
- Tel No. (012) 336 6731
- Ms. L Mabole