Security Officer (DT16/2022)
Department of Tourism - Sunnyside, Pretoria, Gauteng
Full-Time | Government
Closing date yi 16 ka May 2022
- The Department of Tourism is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. It is our intention to promote representivity (race, gender and disability) in the Department through the filling of posts.
- A grade 12 senior certificate and a grade C PSIRA certificate.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in the appropriate fields.
- Basic Security Officers course.
Skills & Competencies
- Working knowledge of the MISS document.
- Ability to interpret and apply security policies, directives, procedures and prescripts, ability provide immediate solutions to problems, administrative procedures, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate a computer and engage in CCTV monitoring.
- Skills in organizing and planning, control visitors and personnel control.
- Ability to work with difficult persons and to resolve conflict, initiative and creativity.
- The successful candidate will be responsible to perform access control functions: monitoring movement of personnel; visitors and contractors utilizing CCTV;
- Control the movement of personnel, visitors and contractors;
- Facilitate confirmation of visitors appointments or the services required, referral of visitors to the relevant service delivery point;
- Facilitate completion of admission control register and issue admission control document/cards as required, operate X-Ray machine, lock and unlock entrances and doors, ensure safety in the building and the premises;
- Undertake building patrols to identify and check water leaks, fire hazards, exposed electrical contact, lights are switched off/on as required, identify suspicious objects and packages;
- Facilitate access control to prevent unauthorised entry or exit; prepare write reports of daily activities and irregularities;
- Monitor and inspect vehicles entering and leaving the premises;
- Complete or ensure that the registers to control the movement of equipment, stores and documents are completed; handle documents at points of entry according to classification and prescripts; ensure all incidents are recorded in the occurrence book/registers;
- Facilitate up to date recording of occurrence book (for all incidents and reports), visitors register, after hour register and mail/parcel register.
- In order to be considered, applications must be submitted on a fully completed signed Z83 form, accompanied by all required copies (uncertified copies will be accepted when submitting your application, but candidates invited to the interviews must ensure they bring along certified copies) of qualifications, Identity Document, proof of citizenship/permanent residence if not a RSA citizen and a comprehensive CV (including three contactable references).
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- All instructions on the application form and this advert must be adhered to.
- Failure to comply with these requirements will result in the applicants being disqualified.
- Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
- If you have not been contacted within three months of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- The Department reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- Short-listed candidates will be subjected to pre-employment screening and security vetting to determine the suitability of a person for employment.
- One of the minimum entry requirements for SMS is the pre-entry certificate.
- For more details on the pre-entry course visit: https://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entryprogramme/.
- Applicants for SMS positions should complete the National School of government Public Service SMS pre-entry certificate and submit a copy along with the application.
- Preference will be given to Coloured Male, Asian Male and White Male candidates.
- R124 434 per annum excluding service benefits (salary level 3)
- Mr R Benadie 012 444 6144
Download Full Vacancy
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 6 ka May 2022