Senior Secretary Grade II Ref No: DIA/27/21/22
Department of Defence - Erasmuskloof, Pretoria, Gauteng
Full-Time | Government
Closing date yi 1st ka July 2022
- All applicants will be subjected to security vetting process prior o employment/enrolment into the DOD & MV and Defence Intelligence will not be held liable for any travelling and accommodation arrangements for invited candidates.
- NQF 4(Grade 12).
- Previous Secretarial experience will be an added to advantage.
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to communicate effectively (Written and Verbal).
- Innovative thinking ability as well as problem solving skills, excellent interpersonal skills, good telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of Ms Computer packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- High level of reliability and must be able to obtain confidential security clearance within a year.
- Manage the diary of the Director, records appointments, meeting and other events.
- Receives telephone calls and refers the calls to the correct role players if not meant for the relevant manager.
- Type documents for the Director.
- Operate office equipment like fax machine and photocopies.
- Receive visitors for the Director and provide refreshments.
- Arrange meetings and events for the Director.
- Identify venues and invites the role players.
- Records minutes/decisions and communicate to relevant role players.
- Liaise with travel agencies to make travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Do filing of documents for the Director as and when required.
- Receives, records and distributes all incoming and outgoing documents.
- Handle the procurement of standard office items such as stationary, refreshment etc.
- Collect all relevant document to enable the Director to prepare for the meeting.
- Applications must be submitted on the prescribed form Z83 (obtainable from any Public Service Department office i.e. effective 01 January 2021 or on the DPSA web site link: https://www.dpsa.gov.za/newsroom/psvc/.
- Should an application be received using incorrect application employment form Z83, it will be disqualified, which must be originally signed and dated by the applicant and which must be accompanied by a detailed CV (with full particulars of the applicants’ training, qualifications, competencies, knowledge & experience).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified copies of qualifications and other related documents on or before the day of the interview Certified documents which should not be older than six months on or before the day of the interview.
- Non-RSA Citizens/Permanent Resident Permit Holders must attach a copy of their permanent residence permits to their applications.
- Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification(s), it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- Failure to comply with the above instructions will result in applications being disqualified.
- Applicants applying for more than one post must submit a separate form Z83 (as well as the documentation mentioned above) in respect of each post being applied for.
- If an applicant wishes to withdraw an application it must be done in writing.
- Should an application be received where an applicant applies for more than one post on the same applications form, the application will only be considered for the first post indicated on the application and not for any of the other posts.
- Under no circumstances will photostat copies or faxed copies of application documents be accepted.
- The successful candidates will be subjected to Personnel Suitability Checks (criminal record, citizenship & financial/asset record checks and qualification and employment verification).
- Successful candidates will also be subjected to security clearance processes.
- Applicants who do not receive confirmation or feedback within 3 (three) months after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Due to the large volume of responses anticipated, receipt of applications will not be acknowledged and correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
- For more information on the job description(s) please contact the person indicated in the post details. Successful candidates will be appointed on probation for the period of twelve (12) months in terms of the prescribed rules.
- R176 310 per annum (Level 05)
- Mr K. Davhana Tel No: (012) 355 5859
- Mr T.E. Bogopane Tel No: (012) 335 5435.
Download Full Vacancy
- Post to: Department of Defence, Defence International Affairs Division, Private Bag X910, Pretoria, 0001 or
- Hand delivered at: ARMSCOR Building CNR Nossob and Boeing Street, Erasmuskloof, Pretoria, 0001
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 13 ka June 2022