Senior Administrative Officer: Coordination and Secretariat Support Ref No: DBE/60/2021
Department of Basic Education - Pretoria, Gauteng
Full-Time | Government
Closing date yi 10 ka December 2021
- The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of the Department.
- It is the Department’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer / promotion / appointment will promote representatively in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan.
- The Department reserves the right to withdraw posts, if by doing so, the interests of the Department will be best served.
- Applicants must be in possession of a Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification, with at least two years’ experience in providing high-level secretariat support.
Skills & Competencies
- Understanding of the operational requirements of coordinating structures and their role;
- Good administrative and coordination skills;
- Good interpersonal and stakeholder liaison skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience and knowledge of office administration functions;
- Understanding of policies and regulations on procurement;
- Experience in document, project and financial management;
- Computer literacy;
- Ability to work under pressure and to work independently with limited supervision;
- Willingness to travel.
- The successful candidate will render secretariat support services to various departmental and inter-governmental structures;
- Facilitate logistical arrangements for meetings;
- Ensure executive decisions are tracked and acted upon;
- Provide general administrative support and financial administrative support services to the directorate;
- Oversee the procurement of goods and services in line with departmental policies;
- Maintain a document management system for the office;
- Prepare submissions and reports;
- Ensure an orderly filing and archiving system;
- Assist with the consolidation of the directorate’s reports and other duties allocated in support of efficient operation of the directorate.
- Applications must be submitted on Form Z83 obtainable from any Public Service; Department and must be accompanied by a comprehensive CV, ID and qualifications.
- Drivers’ License and registration must be attached if required.
- Required documents need not be certified when applying for post, only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified documents on or before the day of the interview following communication from HR.
- Applicants who do not comply with the above mentioned requirements will not be considered.
- Applications received after the closing date, e-mailed or faxed applications will not be considered.
- NB as of 1st July 2006, all new appointments in the public service have to be part of the Government Employee Medical Scheme (GEMS) in order to qualify for a Government Medical Subsidy.
- Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted applicants.
- All Shortlisted candidates will be expected to demonstrate their skills in a short task as part of the interview and will subjected to a security clearance.
- R321 543 per annum
- Ms J Masipa Tel No: 012 357 3295/Ms N Monyela Tel No: (012) 357 3294
Download Full Vacancy
- Ms J Masipa/Ms N Monyela
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 28 ka November 2021