Finance Clerks Ref No: 3/2/1/2022/309 (X5 Posts)
Department of Agriculture, Land Reform and Rural Development - Pretoria, Gauteng
Full-Time | Government
Closing date yi 27 ka June 2022
- African, Coloured Indian and White males and Coloured, Indian and White females and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Grade 12.
- No experience required.
Skills & Competencies
- Basic knowledge of financial functions, practices as well as the ability to capture data, operate computer and collate financial statistics.
- Basic knowledge and insight of the Public Service financial legislations procedures and Treasury regulations (PFMA, DORA, PSA, PSR, PPPFA, FINANCIAL Manual).
- Planning and organise skills.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Communication skills (verbal and written).
- Interpersonal relations.
- Basic numeracy skills.
- Render Financial Accounting transactions.
- Receive invoices.
- Check invoices for correctness, verification and approval (internal control).
- Process invoices (e.g. capture payments).
- Filing of all documents.
- Collection of cash.
- Perform Salary Administration support services.
- Receive salary advices.
- Process advices (e.g. check advices for correctness, capture salaries, bonuses, salary adjustments, capture all deductions etc).
- File all documents.
- Perform Bookkeeping support services.
- Capture all financial transactions.
- Clear suspense accounts.
- Record debtors and creditors.
- Process electronic banking transactions.
- Render a budget support service.
- Collect information from budget holders.
- Compare expenditure against budget. Identify variances.
- Capture, allocate virements on budgets.
- Distribute documents with regard to the budget.
- File all documents.
- Receive and capture cash payments.
- DALRRD requests applicants to apply by submitting applications on the most recent Z83 form obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the DPSA web site link: https://www.dpsa.gov.za/newsroom/psvc/ and a comprehensive CV (with detailed previous experience). Failure to do so will result in your application being disqualify.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified copies of qualifications and other related documents on or before the day of the interview following communication from Human Resources.
- Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation report issued by SAQA.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have all foreign qualifications evaluated by SAQA and to provide proof of such evaluation.
- Please ensure that you submit your application before the closing date as no late applications will be considered.
- If you apply for more than 1 post, submit separate applications for each post that you apply for.
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged.
- Should you not be contacted within 3 months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
- Important: DALRRD is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- It is our intention to promote representivity in DALRRD through the filling of posts.
- The Department reserves the right not to fill a position. Shortlisted candidates will be required to be available for assessments and interviews at a date and time as determined by the Department.
- All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to personnel suitability checks.
- The successful candidate will be subjected to undergo security vetting.
- DALRRD will conduct reference checks which may include social media profiles of the shortlisted candidates.
- Applicants must declare any pending criminal, disciplinary or any other allegations or investigations against them.
- Should this be uncovered during / after the interview took place, the application will not be considered and in the unlikely event that the person has been appointed such appointment will be terminated.
- The successful candidate will be appointed subject to positive results of the security clearance process.
- The successful candidate will be required to enter into an employment contract and sign a performance agreement with the Department.
- R176 310 per annum (Level 05)
- Ms L Gama Tel No: (012) 338 7229
- Ms P Hlatshwayo Tel No: (012) 338 7376
Download Full Vacancy
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 12 ka June 2022