The role will be responsible for internal communication and support the organisation with critical employee engagement across the organisation.
Own and lead employee communications across the business, build relationships with key internal customers and oversee corporate communication events for CCBSA. Communicate credible, relevant, and contextualised information to the right internal audience via the appropriate platform with the purpose of driving message alignment across the business and create employee ambassadors that are passionate about CCBSA at all levels of the organization.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop and implement the internal communications strategy, approach and plans:
Research and benchmark internal communication best practice; develop stakeholder map with internal business partners; develop key internal messages based on corporate narrative and support change management to drive culture; develop relevant plans for critical growth projects and ensure alignment of messaging with external communications;
• Become deeply embedded in the business, understand the business strategy, and engage regularly with key stakeholders on internal communications matters:
Ensure deep knowledge of the business and its strategy, build relationships and networks across the organisation; partner with key stakeholders to ensure message consistency; (HR, Finance, Manufacturing, etc.) and become thought partner to PACS and organisational leadership;
• Develop and implement channel strategy based on audience assessment, and generate creative, relevant, and exciting internal communications content for the organisation:
Identify channels based on audience assessment; work with IT and relevant stakeholders to build and maintain channels; develop content plan based on channels; develop and implement relevant and credible content which is contextualised per audience;
• Manage, monitor and evaluate the impact of internal communication across the organisation:
Identify and implement process for two way communication; identify assessment criteria; develop tools to conduct research to understand and measure impact of internal comms and understanding of business strategy;
Judgement and decision making (
• Drive and Inform critical decisions with regards to employee communications and employee engagement
• Determine the optimal communications plan and strategy to protect and promote CCBSA’s reputation internally
• Advise CCBSA Head of Reputation and senior leadership in terms of critical internal communications issues and risks that impact on the company’s reputation.
Skills, Experience & Education
Qualifications and Experience
Qualifications: Graduate degree, preferably in journalism, media, communications, marketing or other relevant graduate degree
• At least 5-7 years internal communications experience
• At least 5 years’ experience at a middle management level in a corporate or an agency
• Experience in strategic planning and execution of planned internal communication campaigns
• Proven ability to manage budgets and work with and manage suppliers
• Exceptional written and verbal skills
• Deep knowledge of, and passion for internal communications
• Ability to interact confidently with employees, senior leadership and Excom
• Highly organised, strategic and delivery oriented with project management skills
• Excellent research skills
• Excellent EQ, relationship, and networking skills
• Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines,
• Possess critical thinking skills
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional or relevant information as criteria for short-listing.