The primary purpose of the COGS Controller is:
• Maintenance of the raw materials master data, product costing and BOM’s for CCBSA Group
• Analysis & insightful commentary on BOM costs within the group
• Support the 3 year and annual budgeting process for all BOM related costs
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Preparation of the Bill of Material (BOM) analysis (month and year to date) vs. Plan and PY to provide insightful commentary on the analysis.
• Problem solving on any discrepancies on master data. Work with Supply chain regions, procurement department and Master data teams to resolve discrepancies noted.
• Identify and communicate any issues on product costing related to value chains to senior management to enable meaningful negotiations between CCBSA and CCSA.
• Analyse price variances to ensure accurate standard costing in ERP solution (i.e. SAP).
• Identify and execute process improvement initiatives for BOM analysis, product costing process, raw material analysis etc.
• Ownership of and accountability for the accuracy of all raw material master data for CCBSA group (including new products, promotional products etc).
• Work with Marketing, Technical and Procurement departments on the costing of new products.
• Prepare the budget product costing models for each plant (including DPC) with regional Supply Chain finance teams.
• Prepare the BOM budgets for plants and the group.
• Preparation of variance analysis against budgets and PF’s and provide insightful commentary.
• Perform annual price planning in SAP.
• Liaise with potential outsourced service provider prior to costing runs regarding periods that need to be opened or closed.
• Create costing runs for updates required at month end due to change in STD prices.
• Complete statutory templates covering raw materials purchasing and management
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Very strong interpersonal skills
• Very strong analytical ability
• Strong reporting capabilities and insight orientated
• Deadline driven and ability to work under pressure
• Excellent conceptual and problem solving skills
• Excellent attention to detail and highly numerate
• High energy levels, self-motivated and displays initiative
• Exceptional organisational abilities
Skills, Experience & Education
• B Comm Accounting Hons or equivalent
• CIMA or CA (SA)
• 4+ years’ relevant experience in a Finance role
• 3-5 years costing experience (SAP or MSD365) a must
• 2+ years experience in managing personnel
• A high level of computer literacy (SAP, Excel & PowerPoint)
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional or relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Interested applicants, who meet the above employee specifications