Office of the Chief Justice Judges Secretary X6 Bloemfontein
Closing date yi 28 ka February 2020
- 3 Years contact
- Supreme Court of Appeal: Bloemfontein
- Grade (12);
- One (1) to three (3) years’ Secretarial experience or as an Office Assistant;
- A valid driver’s licence;
- An LLB Degree or a minimum of 20 modules completed towards an LLB, BA or BCom Law Degree will serve as an added advantage and results must accompany the application;
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to pass a typing test.
Skills & Competencies
- Proficiency in English;
- Good communication skills (verbal and written);
- Administration and organizational skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and to work under pressure;
- Attention to detail;
- Customer care service skills and excellent typing skills;
- Confidentiality and time management;
- Computer literacy (MS Word) and research capabilities.
- Typing (or format) of draft memorandum decision;
- Opinions or judgement entries written by or assigned by Judge;
- Provide general secretarial/administrative duties to the Judge;
- Manage and type correspondence;
- Judgements and orders for the Judge (including diary, phone typing);
- Arrange and diarize appointments;
- Meetings for official visits and make travel and accommodation arrangements;
- Safeguarding of all case files and the endorsement of case files with an order made by Judge;
- Update files, documents and provide copies of documents to the Registrar;
- Perform digital recording of Court proceedings on urgent court cases after hours and ensure integrity of such recordings;
- Store, keep and file Court records safely;
- Accompany the Judge to the Courts;
- Management of Judge’s vehicle, logbook and driving thereof;
- Compile data and prepare reports and documents for assigned Judges as necessary; including expense reports, continuing legal hours, financial disclosure statements and case management;
- Arrange receptions for the Judge and his or her visitors and attend to their needs;
- Management of Judge’s library and updating of documentation;
- Execute legal research as directed by the Judge and comply with Prescripts;
- Departmental policies, Procedures and Guidelines.
- Shortlisted candidates must be willing to undergo normal vetting and verification processes, including a competency assessment for Senior Management Service.
- Applications must be submitted on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents.
- The completed and signed form should be accompanied by a recently updated CV as well as certified copies of all qualification/s and ID document (no copies of certified copies are allowed; certification should not be more than three months old).
- Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
- Please indicate the reference number and position you are applying for on your application form.
- Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
- If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Applications received after the closing date, as well as applications received via fax or email, will NOT be considered or accepted.
- R257 508 per annum.
- The successful candidate will be required to sign a performance agreement. (Contract post include 37% in lieu of benefits)
- Ms M Luthuli Tel No: (051) 406 8191
Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to:
- Postal address: Private Bag X20612, Bloemfontein, 9300
- Hand deliver applications to: Free State High Court, Corner President Brand and Fontein street, Bloemfontein, 9301
Lomsebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 14 ka February 2020