Department of Justice and Constitutional Development Court Interpreter Bloemfontein
Closing date yi 6 ka April 2020
- NQF level 4/Grade 12.
- Proficiency in English.
- Proficiency in one or more indegenous languages.
- Three months practical experience will be an added advantage;
- A valid driver’s license will be an added advantage.
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of legislation which governs transparency and confidentiality in the Public Service (Act 2 of 2000) as amended.
- Adherence to Batho-Pele and the Justice Principles.
- Full command of the language.
- Cultural diversity.
- Knowledge of Policies, Prescripts and Legislation.
- Communication (verbal and written), Listening, Inter-personal relations, Computer literacy (MS word), Planning and Organising, Problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Time management.
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Language Proficiency: Bloemfontein Sesotho, Sepedi, Tshivenda, English and Xitsonga (Shangaan) will be an added advantage.
- To interpret in a Court of Law (Criminal, Civil and Labour).
- To interpret in Small Claims Courts. Interpret in pre-trial proceedings and consultations.
- Liaise with the Supervisor for Foreign Language Interpreters.
- Consecutive interpreting from source to target language during Court Proceedings, pre-trial consultation, quasi and Judicial.
- Interpret nonverbal gesture, dramatization and confessions.
- Carry out sight translation of documents (j88, sworn statement, etc); Collect unusual terminology and concepts.
- Consult dictionary, colleagues, community members and experts.
- Enter the meaning of words into glossary register.
- Assist with the reconstruction of Courts records.
- Enter cases in the Criminal Record Book.
- Compilation of statistics.
- Applications must be submitted on Form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.gov.za.
- A Z83 form & CV must be accompanied by original certified copies of qualifications, identity document and a driver’s license where necessary.
- A SAQA evaluation report must accompany foreign qualifications.
- Applications that do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements will not be considered.
- All shortlisted candidates for SMS posts will be subjected to a technical and competency assessment.
- Candidate will complete a financial disclosure form and also be required to undergo a security clearance.
- Foreigners or dual citizenship holder must provide the Police Clearance certificate from country of origin.
- The DOJ&CD is an equal opportunity employer.
- In the filling of vacant posts the objectives of section 195 (1) (i) of the Constitution of South Africa, 1996 (Act No: 108 of 1996), the Employment Equity imperatives as defined by the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act No: 55 of 1998) and relevant Human Resources policies of the Department will be taken into consideration.
- Reasonable accommodation shall be applied for People with Disabilities including where driver’s license is a requirement.
- Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
- If you do not hear from us within 3 months of this advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful the department reserves the right not to fill these positions.
- Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply and preference will be given to the EE Target.
- R173 703 - R201 612 per annum.
- The successful candidate will be required to sign a performance agreement.
- Ms NM Dywili Tel No: (051) 407 1800
Download Full Vacancy
Please direct your application to:
- Post to: The Regional Head, Private Bag X20578, Bloemfontein, 9300
- Hand deliver at: 53 Colonial Building, Charlotte Maxeke Street, Bloemfontein, 9301.
Lomsebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 22 ka March 2020