Chief Personnel Officer Employment Relations
Department of Employment and Labour - Bloemfontein, Free State
Full-Time | Government
Closing date yi 17 ka May 2021
- A three (3) years relevant qualification in Human Resource Management/Labour Relations Management.
- One (1)-two (2) years functional experience doing Employment Relations Management Services.
- Valid Drivers' license.
Skills & Competencies
- Public Service Commission’s rules for dealing with complaints and grievances.
- Public Service Co-ordinating Bargaining Council’s Resolutions.
- Departmental policies and procedures.
- Interpretation of case law and trends in Labour Law.
- Planning and organizing.
- Research / analysing.
- Batho Pele Principles.
- Public Finance Management Act.
- Employment Equity Act, Public Service Act, Public Service Regulations.
- Problem solving.
- Good Communication skills (oral and written).
- Report writing.
- Computer literacy.
- Conduct and analyse all grievances and complaints received from employees in the Province.
- Draft charges and finalise all misconduct cases in the Province.
- Represent the Department in all disputes referred to the General Public Service Sectoral Bargaining Council (GPSSBS) and the Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration (CCMA).
- Conduct advocacy sessions on employment related matters to the Province.
- Provide administration support services in the section.
- Applications quoting the relevant reference number must be submitted on the new form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.gov.za/documents.
- Received applications using the incorrect application for employment (old Z83) will not be considered.
- Each application for employment form must be duly signed and initialled by the applicant.
- Failure to sign this form may lead to disqualification of the application during the selection process.
- The fully completed and signed new form Z83 should be accompanied by a recently updated, comprehensive CV as well as recently certified copies of all qualification(s), academic transcripts including a Senior Certificate, ID-document and a Driver’s license where applicable.
- The certification must be not older than six (6) months from the date of the advert.
- Non-RSA Citizens/Permanent Resident Permit Holders must attach a copy of their Permanent Residence Permits to their applications.
- Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late, will not be considered.
- The Department does not accept applications via fax or email.
- Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
- Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
- If you have not been contacted within eight (8) weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification and employment verification).
- The Department reserves the right not to make any appointment(s) to the above post.
- The Department of Labour is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer.
- The Employment Equity Plan of the Department shall inform the employment decision.
- It is the Department’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s).
- All attachments must be in PDF and in 1 (one) file, indicate the correct job title and the reference number of the post on the subject line of your email.
- Use the correct email address associated with the post.
- Failure to do so, your application will be disqualified.
- R316 791 per annum
- Mr S Segalo Tel No: (051) 505 6206
Download Full Vacancy
- Sub-directorate: Human Resources Management, Bloemfontein
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 3 ka May 2021