Lomsebenzi has expired (SORRRRY). Either closing date yawo idlulile okanye if ubungena closing date ixesha lawo lidlulile nalo. Ngoba thina imisebenzi engena closing date siyigcina intsuku ezisixhenxe.
- This is a contract position, which requires experience in HIV counselling, testing, tracking and tracing of clients; basic knowledge of HIV and counselling, ability to conduct rapid HIV testing and interpret test results, as well as matric with HIV testing and counselling certificate.
- The Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) for Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) project requires the services of 1 lay counselor that will be responsible for providing all HIV counselling and testing for AGYW.
- The candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day testing within a cluster’s mobile clinic van.
- Also, the candidate will be responsible for linking the clients with relevant comprehensive sexual and reproductive services, HIV treatment and care.
- The candidate should be able to conduct finger prick HIV testing, interpretation of results and ensuring that clients remain in care.
- Basic HIV Counselling and Testing training certificate (10 days) from a recognized training institution
- Rapid testing continuous quality improvement (RTCQI) trained (3 days)
- Proficiency in local language and English
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working within or supporting the public health sector
- 1-year experience in rapid HIV testing and counselling
- Experience and or understanding of HIV self-screening
- Experience working with Adolescents, or on Adolescent health focused projects
- Experience working in the community and providing quality HIV testing services at community level
Skills & Competencies
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to navigate complex situations Ability to maintain confidentiality
- People orientated
- Basic Knowledge of HIV/AIDS
- Strong work ethics
- A demonstrated understanding on how to pre-counsel, conduct finger prick, interpret results, and post-test counsel, screen, assess, and refer clients for HIV, STI and TB for care
- Good understanding of PrEP, FP, Pregnancy and ART services
- Ability to conduct quality control for HIV test kits
- Experience working in a donor funded organisation/ NGO or project-based environment
- Experience of working with in and out of school youth
- Past / present involvement in some aspect of the community
- Knowledge of and passion for health related issues
- Knowledge of youth (age 10-24) culture in South Africa
- Team player, detail focused and reliable, able to work independently
- Have a good knowledge of principles of customer service
- Passion for helping people
- Engagement with AGYW to build trust and rapport
- Ability to assess the risk of possible infection
- Give the client sufficient information to make an informed decision about whether or not to test
- Assist the client to understand the test and what the results mean
- Helping the person explore implications of HIV testing (options)
- Ability to provide PrEP information
- Provide report of number of clients counselled and opted for test
- Conduct risk reduction counselling
- Maintain the quality of test kits
- Provide HIV testing ( finger prick)
- Keep record confidential
- Obtain informed consent for all clients
- Together with the professional nurse, order test kits according to the DOH recommendations and keep record of stock in, stock-out
- Registration of clients using the HTS register and other data collection tools
- Open clinical charts for clients for both PrEP/ART
- Finger prick -interpretation of results
- Documentation of all relevant patient results and information
- Stock management and control, including test kits and other commodities
- Quality assessment and control
- Produce statistics of clients tested for HIV
- Produce reports on relevant out-reach activities and outcomes
- Follow up referrals
- Monitor PrEP uptake versus referrals on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Quality Control of source documents and ensure data collection tools are completed in line with protocol and good clinical practice guidelines
- Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy, please submit (1.) a cover letter (maximum one page) that clearly states which vacancy you are applying for and (2.) a detailed CV to: Puleng Makau
- Subject Heading of email must read: Advert reference number: PM027 – 2020 and Job Title of position applied for.
- Those applicants that do not adhere to the above will not be considered for the respective position applied for.
Download Full Vacancy
Lomsebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 22 ka May 2020