Senior Secretary: Faculty of Law (Ref No: 6626)
University of Fort Hare - East London, Eastern Cape
Full-Time | Administration
Closing date yi 23rd ka May 2022
- Applications are invited from suitable candidates with appropriate qualifications and experience for the above position.
- National Senior Certificate plus 3 Year Degree / National Diploma in Administration or related field;
- 5 years of experience in writing correspondence, reports, minutes, circulars, directives etc;
- 5 years’ relevant administrative experience at a tertiary institution.
Skills & Competencies
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- The applicant must be self-motivated, be able to work under pressure and should have the ability to multi-task;
- The successful applicant must be able to work in a team, handle a variety of responsibilities, work with a high degree of discretion and independence and meet pressured deadlines.
- Providing comprehensive support, administrative assistance and time management services;
- Representing the Faculty Office through excellent interaction and professional liaison with a wide range of persons within the University and external partners;
- Screening, prioritizing and handling/or referring all enquiries including mail and email;
- Planning and organizing activities within the Faculty Office which include attending to and drafting correspondence, invitations, processing and reviewing information and materials;
- Planning and organizing events including the detailed co-ordination of any event, general and committee meetings, workshops and being responsible for the agendas and minutes
- Developing and maintaining effective systems for the storage and retrieval of information and documents;
- Managing and handling confidential information and materials to and from the Faculty Office;
- Make travel, accommodation and car hire bookings for the Dean: Faculty of Law;
- Processing, reviewing and prioritizing all incoming information and communication, whether telephonic, electronic, written or any other forms;
- Managing and monitoring financial requirements within the Faculty Office.
Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
- Visit the Website www.ufh.ac.za/jobs for a more comprehensive advert and to apply online.
- Applications must clearly indicate the name of the post applied for.
- Submit the motivation and resume as well as supporting documents namely; ID/passport, certificates and proof of remuneration and three work-related referees, on the application website.
- Note that for all re-advertised positions this advert supersedes the one advertised previously owing to modifications made.
- Candidates who have previously applied are requested to re-apply.
- No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted.
- Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing date.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Failure to comply with the above directions will result in the application being disqualified.
- Ms. M. Gumede on [email protected] and 043 704 7190
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 10 ka May 2022