Secretary: Psychological Service Centre-Ref 416
University of Fort Hare - East London, Eastern Cape
Full-Time | Secretary
Closing date yi 15 ka May 2022
- Applications are invited from qualified and experienced candidates for the above-mentioned permanent position in the Psychological Services Centre.
- Please note that the candidates will be also required to undergo a basic competency assessment.
- Grade 12 and 3-Year Qualification in Office Management or an equivalent of NQF Level 7 qualification as recognized by SAQA;
- 3 years working experience in an office / administration environment
Skills & Competencies
- Basic financial management skills, g. dealing with invoices, order books etc.
- Excellent administrative and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to liaise with all stakeholders, staff, researchers and postgraduate students
- Good computer skills, proficiency in Excel and advanced knowledge of MS Office programmes,
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative
- Knowledge of the University processes, policies and systems will be an added advantage
- General office administration (telephone, scanning, photocopying, filing, mail, stationery, etc.)
- Coordination of the Director’s and the Interns’ diaries and prepare documents as requested
- General reception duties (reception of clients, switchboard and call operation, etc.)
- Collating general administrative records and monthly statistics.
- Responsible for receiving and banking of service-related fees.
- Coordination of travel arrangements as required.
- Minute taking at all meetings
- Responsible for logistical administration of workshops and seminars as required.
- To apply: Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
- E-mail application with MOTIVATION LETTER CLEARLY INDICATING THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR, accompanied by a complete CV which must contain the contact details (email and telephone) of three referees, a certified copy of an identity document and a certified copy of your highest qualification.
- Applications must CLEARLY INDICATE THE REFERENCE NUMBER AND NAME OF THE POST APPLIED FOR ON THE SUBJECT LINE.
- No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted
- Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing Late applications will not be considered.
- Failure to comply with the above will result in the application being disqualified
- Note: Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only.
- Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA.
- The University of Fort Hare is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Pursuant to complying with the Employment Equity Act No.55 of 1998, when appointing preference will be given to applicants from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic presentation of our workforce profile.
- The University reserves the right NOT to appoint
Lo msebenzi ufakwe ngu Tebuho Moshoeshoe nge 4 ka May 2022